HALLBOUTH SPRINGS

You know this one place you go to and you sit there enjoying the aura around the place and think...This! This is heaven.

That place was Hallbouth springs. It was my home. Not technically though. That would be silly. I can't live in a library now can I? Or can I??

No! No bad Bernice!

Right. I brush the seducing thought out of my head.

My obsession with this place was scary and exiting. It was scary because I couldn't go a day without coming by and letting the smell of books waft through my nostrils taking me into the world of fantasy and love. It was exiting because I loved books so dearly and Nadine so freaking much that I couldn't stay away if I wanted to because they made me so happy.

Who is Nadine? You may wonder.

Nadine is the owner of this enchanting and alluring said library. She was only twenty five which also meant I had someone closer to my age to mingle with. The first time we had met,I had thought she was such a flamboyant creature. I loved her personality and fashion sense. She oozed ornate but not too conspicuous and I wanted so badly to be friends with someone like her.It had taken months for me to be able to look into her rarely green eyes and not stutter like a fool.

The first thing she said to me when I decided to go up and start a conversation was that I looked like I'd fall over if the wind blew. Didn't blame her,I was that skinny.

At first I brushed it off and laughed nervously since I felt very intimidated. But then I realised she wasn't laughing but instead kept watching me with concern. Then I don't know what happened but I broke down.

It was so embarrassing and I was a sobbing mess.
But I guess she was very compassionate because she made me a hot bowl of ramen with soda and seated me down on a very good looking chesterfield sofa.

After I calmed down from my fit had I noticed that she had my fingers clutched in hers. I noticed how each fingernail was painted with a different pastel colour making her yet more alluring.

She asked me what was wrong and I replied that nothing was. But then I don't know what happened but I found myself wanting to tell her after that. Maybe it's the way she kept her gaze fixed on me whilst i looked at my thighs,eyes burning with frustrated tears.

I didn't even know why I began crying in the first place. Or even why I started blurting out my financial crises to Nadine that day. But I did.Probably because I missed how it felt when someone showed concern for the poor worthless black girl. Though I do still find myself thinking that was an incredibly stupid thing to do.

But Nadine was very sweet and surprisingly a good listener. We haven't been separable since.

Ah! Good times.

I take a sip from my cup of hot caffe mocha smacking my lips in satisfaction and placing the cup gently on the table beside me.

This could be royalty. Done with work. Relaxing on one of the vintage chairs I have ever known,chesterfield sofa. Coffee in one hand. Erotica in another. Not a single thing to worry about. This! This is life.

I ignore the sound of the bell chiming signalling someone's entrance as I flip a page focusing solely on my book.

An unfamiliar female voice is what makes me perk up followed by Nadine's and boy she does not sound happy.

Groaning slightly,I drop my book on the sofa and approach the lobby with silent steps. I stop my steps,lingering at the opening into the lobby away from the eyes of Nadine and the female.

"I laugh only because your certain insanity right now amuses me. You think that lousy nobody is the one? A human? Have you gone mad? Don't you know what this means? You're going to tear our name apart Nadine!" The female hisses and I flinch at the anger in her tone.

Who the hell talks like that anyways? She may be English probably.

"Are you done?" Nadine asks boredom underlying her tone.

"Why you~"

"I'd like for you to leave as you are trespassing without my consent."

The woman laughs emotionlessly.
"Oh? Is that how it's going to be Nadine? You're going against family now because of some stupid rebellious phase you're going through?"

Silence. And the silence stresses before I hear Nadine say with emphasis this time.

"I'd like you to leave Monroe,now."

The woman scoffs.

"You're going to regret being an insufferable child Nadine. This is certainly not over!"

I hear clicking of heels before the door chimes again signalling her departure.

What was that about?

It was so intense. Shit. I realise am standing.

I have to sit before Nadine walks in and thinks am eavesdropping.

I don't even get to take a step before Nadine calls out.

"You can come out now Bernice. You and I both know you were going to listen into the conversation one way or another."

I grimace.

Well butter me sideways and call me toast am I a shitty person.

A/N

Okay so this story really hit me pretty hard one day and I thought shit! This plot is really good. And I really wanted to share it with you guys. I hope you love it and please vote and comment and share. It really means so much to me.

Lep 💋💋