MEET TERRANCE.

It was when I waited for Nadine to go fetch some groceries did I realise the words the woman had said.

A human???

What did she mean by that? Or maybe I must have misheard her?

I didnt like this. Something about this whole thing felt off. And Nadine had been acting strange after she called me here. She didn't even address the elephant in the room. She only asked me to watch over the library as she went for some groceries.

And the part where Nadine mentioned something about her territory? What the hell did that mean?? Was she talking about the library? If so that was a bit too possessive and did not sound like the Nadine I knew.

Who was the woman? I know for a fact she may have been a relative. I mean she did mention something about their name(I mean it could mean their family name or something)and I could tell they were very familiar with each other.

This was all so confusing. And don't get me started on the way Nadine practically dashed out of here to get some groceries.

Yeah right!

But was it in my position though?To question her about something that was none of my business. I mean it was clearly a family issue. Plus the woman could just be a snobby prissy creature who would referred to anyone as humans in order to make them more inferior to her.....

Okay so I got all of that from her saying human?? At this rate I am only making normative statements. This is so stupid.

This literally has nothing to do with me. I should let it go. I know that I should but I can't just stop the nagging feeling in my gut.

The bell chimes and I snap my head towards the entrance.

Holy Cheeseballs? How long has it been?

It's Terrance.

Let me introduce you to Terrance,Nadine's cousin from Arkansas. Probably the most good looking person to ever pay attention to me. I watch as he brushes his fingers through his curly disheveled platinum locks lingering a bit on the tattoos imprinted on his fingers.

Yummy!

But totally not my type though. I scoff internally. Terrance was good looking with his tanned skin,well developed physique,killer teeth too,greens eyes,somewhere around 6 feet if am estimating,I could go on for days. But he was pretty dense. And I wanted someone as wildly intelligent as Hannibal Lecter.....minus the obvious cannibalism and sociopathic ways of course.

Okay that was a very disturbing comparison but am sure you get where am coming from.

"Well hello Bernie!" Terrance smiled ruffling my hair before sliding next to me behind the counter.

I send him a playful scowl as I fix my hair then ask.

"When did you start coming around on weekdays?"

"What? No it's been long? Or I miss you? What now I can't visit my favourite people in the world? Or is it that you just don't want me here?"

I scoff. "Bullshit! You never come over on weekdays. One time Nad slipped down the staircase and sprained her ankle and you basically refused to come pick us up to the hospital."

He gasps taking a step towards me a hand over his chest.

"I had an important meeting with a client about new stocks..."

I blink.

"Okay whatever! That's no excuse I know I should've shown up. I know," he sighs

"Do I need to have a reason to check up on you guys? I mean can't I just genuinely care about you guys enough to come by even on weekdays.?"

I narrow my eyes suspiciously eyeing him as he gives me the most honest look. Truth is I don't know whether it's genuine or he's just faking it and only came by for another reason.

I mean so he decided to coincidentally come by after some so called woman comes by to throw a tantrum??On a weekday?? After not visiting for weeks?

Coincidence? I think most definitely not!

But I'm going to give him the benefit of a doubt and save us both an argument.

"You know what? I guess you're right." I smile sweetly.

His face spreads into a grin and he pulls me into a hug.

"Now was that so hard to believe. I missed you mushroom."

I sigh hugging him back. It had been almost a month since he had been around even though he always came by on weekends and truth be told,I really did miss him.

"Me too."

A/N

Am sorry what was that? I couldn't hear you over me being in love with tattoos. I mean I can't be the only one right. Especially the ones on your fingers. Aaaahhh!!!!

Anywho,please vote and comment and share. I really appreciate it. I love you guys to bits.

Lep 😘.