The Pandora Box

A/N
Hi guys. I just want to say thank you for your comments,they motivate me each time to keep publishing and I appreciate you guys who encourage me to write with your votes. Seriously,am very grateful 🥹.

Nope.

I did not want to let myself believe what Nadine was insinuating—mostly because it went against everything I believed in. So as she spoke,trying to subtlety unravel her point,I nodded in understanding albeit feeling quite confused inside.

As she went on,my mind sort of understood where she was going. And it made no sense at all. She sounded..dare I say...so freaking unbelievable that it went beyond my cognitive understanding.

I was using believe to many times today I know.

When she began,she spoke about her family for the very first time since I had met her. Contentment did nothing to describe how I was feeling inside. I thought about how big of a breakthrough in our friendship this what and made sure she knew she had my undivided attention by taking her hand in mine and giving it a reassuring squeeze.

But then the story diverted to an unexpected twist—and when I say unexpected I mean as unexpected as Ross saying Rachael's name instead as Emily's at their wedding expected. And I know she could tell by the look on my face that I didn't like where the story was going. I was an open book though I tried to appear impassive.

She spoke about a family tradition of a sort and something to do with fulfilling it. It was some sort of family legacy I guess.Sounded strange. Therefore it was no surprise when I felt my whole body consumed with agitation and a tad fear.

Nad pointed towards the opened book in front of us and I shifted my attention to it watching as she opened and pointed towards an old man in a tunic staring right back at us.

He looked peculiarly familiar,I frowned.

"Your grandfather?"I repeated what she said and she replied nodding her head towards Terrance who was passed out beside me on the sofa.

"Ours. He was-he was an author." Her eyes seemed like they were communicating a thousand words to me and I snapped my gaze away from hers and focused back on the picture.

I squinted. An author?

Shit!

That's it! That's why he looks so familiar. How did I not recognise he immediately I saw this picture?! He was one of my favourite authors and the face behind one of the most popular and biggest romance novels on any bookshelf ever—including Hallbouth's.

What was his name again?

"He's Greg T.H right?" I enquired as soon as the name came to me.

A nod from Nad.

"And he's your granddad?"

Another nod.

"And you're now telling me that you are directly  related one of the most bestselling authors ever known to mankind?!"

A guilty nod.

"Whoa some friend you are!" I snap.

She sighs "I know. God I know and I'm sorry but—you haven't even heard the big part yet so could you please let me finish before bombarding me with accusations."

This isn't the biggest part?! What next? Is she going to say that she's some lost princess of an unknown Island?

"My grandfather wrote under a pseudonym. Well it's wasn't entirely a pseudonym but same nonetheless," with hesitation and what looks like dread she adds "He's actual name is Gregory Tiberius Hallbouth."

No fucking way!

I pale opening and closing my mouth before shaking my head.

"You don't mean..? The Tiberius Hallbouth right? I mean it's a common name right?"

"Hallbouth? Possibly.But not Tiberius Hallbouth Bernice. And yes I do mean Tiberius Hallbouth—being the name of the first known witch to be exposed to the world."

I splutter "That's not—it can't.."

Wait! Known?! Exposed?!

Apprehensively I say"Whoa hold the freaking phone! Known? Exposed? You mean there are more? You're not? Are you—?"

But by the way she turns her eyes away from,downcast,with pain glimmering in her eyes—I fear she has already confirmed what I was afraid of.

Of fucking course! Why else would she name her library that? How could I be so stupid?!

I drop her hand.

"No."

A/N
And voila !

I wanna apologise in advance if I don't update anytime soon. Am going through some personal crisis and all but not to worry,if I survived House of Hades knowing fully well something bad could happen to Percy and Annabeth then I sure as hell can go through this....

...hehe 😅.

Okay well until next time folks!