Chapter twelve

CHAPTER TWELVE: coronation

▀▄▀▄▀▄ e҈n҈c҈h҈a҈n҈t҈e҈d҈ ▄▀▄▀▄▀

HECTOR HEART SAT NEXT TO CARLOS DE VIL. On the opposite side of Carlos, sat Evie, in front of them, sat Mal. Jay sat next to them, instead of sitting on either of the benches he sat on the table, towards the edge.

"Did we have to show up here?" Hector asked, purposely looking at one of the Auradon students who had been looking at him, and stabbed his fork into the sliced fruit.

Ben walked up to them, smiling. "Hey, guys. How is everyone?"

One one answered him. Hector did actually look up, but that had only made the prince see the upset look on the other. "Hey listen," Ben speaks again, he squeezed Jay's shoulder. "Forget about it. All right? It was nothing. Forget about it. Let it go."

He rubbed Mal's shoulders. "Tomorrow, after the coronation, I promise everything will be okay." He leaned down to whisper to Mal. "I have to go." Ben straightens back up, looking at the group. "I'll see you guys later." Then he walked away.

"Listen, Evie," Doug walks up to them. "I wanna talk about warier today. I just-"

"Doug!" Chad called, standing up from where he sat.

"It's my fault, Doug. I'm so sorry," Evie tells him.

"Doug!" Chad called again.

Doug turned around to face the Prince. "What?" He looked back at Evie, apologetic look. "Sorry. I can't."

"Doug..." Evie lowly called.

Hector stabbed the fruit violently, angry. When, up next, Jane and Audrey walked up. "How long does she think that's gonna last?" Audrey asked, laughing. "Mal's just a bad girl infatuation."

"Yeah. I mean, he's never him a make a villain a queen," Jane says.

"How the fuck did you go from a girl who was afraid a bugs to someone who has a death wish?" Hector glared, gripping his utensil tightly.

Jane looked completely fearful, but Audrey pulled the other girl to their table. Audrey saying something about 'of course he's insane'.

Mal opened her magic book of spells. "Beware, forswear, undo Jane's hair," Mal casted the spell.

A yell was heard, and then a few laughs. Jane's hair was back to its shorty style. Lonnie grabbed her own hair, looking down at it in a panic.