25. the worlds a little blurry, or maybe it's my eyes.. [Katelena]

Title: the world's a little blurry, or maybe it's my eyes, the friends I've had to bury, they keep me up at night

Author: endofdaysforme

Status: Completed

Relationship: Katelena

Summary: he takes a deep breath in, punches the numbers in and holds the phone to his ear.

she answers on the fifth ring.

"hello?" her voice sounds gruff, almost like she's been woken from sleep, and clint winces before he exhales and just...talks.

"yelena? it's clint barton." he says firmly. he hears her inhale sharply.

"how the hell did you...ah, kate bishop." she says with a knowing sigh. clint chuckles and scratches at his jaw.

"yeah, she gave me your number." he confirms.

"suka...what do you want, clint barton?" yelena grunts, clint hearing what sounds like her getting out of bed before he hears the sound of a lighter flicking. yelena inhales, and clint thinks she might be smoking a cigarette.

"i wanna invite you over for dinner, actually. to meet my family." he says, and at the sound of yelena cursing loudly in russian, he can almost see the visual of her dropping the cigarette onto her skin in shock.

--

aka clint barton lost his best friend, but that doesn't mean he's gonna abandon her sister.

--

aka clint and yelena bond and laura and clint scheme to make bishova happen.

Chapters: Oneshot

Words: 5678

Characters:

Yelena Belova

Kate Bishop

Clint Barton

Laura Barton

Natasha Romanoff (mentioned)

Minor Relationship(s):

Clint Barton & Laura Barton

Friendship(s):

Yelena Belova & Clint Barton

Warning(s): N/A

My Rating: 10/10

Fav Quote(s):

"give them a moment...give kate the chance."

"to become the hawkeye to her black widow."

"they're so good for each other! come on, come on you two, figure it out..."

ANDDD the last line to this oneshot :)

My Comments/Thoughts: Laura and Clint playing matchermakers?!?! YES YES YES SIGN ME UP! Best character here: Laura.

Website: AO3

Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/35970097