Ch. 4 - A NIGHT IN THE MAZE

▪︎ 🌲🏃🏽‍♀️⚔ ▪︎

▪︎ 🌲🏃🏽‍♀️⚔ ▪︎

Chapter Four🌲 A Night In The Maze 🌲

Chapter Four
🌲 A Night In The Maze 🌲

Thomas jumped awake after having some weird dream before he heard the gears to the maze move making him look over. Over at the entrance to the maze, stood Felisa, Minho, Alby and Newt, making Thomas furrow his brows slightly. 

Felisa patted Minho and Alby on the shoulders before the two guys quickly ran into the maze as the doors opened. 

🌲 

"But why would Alby go into the maze?" Thomas asked as he and Chuck sat on a log, Chuck carving some piece of wood, while Newt and Felisa worked on a half broken down three. "I mean, he's not a runner." Thomas asked and Felisa nodded, "Things are different now. Alby went to retrace Ben's footsteps before sundown. I was supposed to do it but Ably volunteered." Felisa said, only making Thomas more confused. 

"Are you gonna help?" Newt asked, pointing his machete at the tree, "So he's gonna go back to where Ben was just stung-" Thomas started to ask but Felisa sighed. "Alby knows what he's doing, alright? He knows better than any of us." She said and Thomas furrowed his brows, "What does that mean?" He asked. 

"Well, it's like you have heard, yeah? Every month, the Box sends up a new arrival. But someone had to be first, right? Someone had to have spent a whole month in the Glade, alone." Newt said and Felisa nodded as she leaned her elbow against the tree, "That someone was Alby." She said. 

"I mean, it can't have been easy. But when those other boys, and Felisa started coming up, one after the other... he saw the truth. And he learned that the most important thing is that we all have each other." Newt said as he started getting back to work on the broken tree. 

"Because we're all in this together." Felisa said, making Thomas look at her and she raised her eyebrows in amusement, "Now why don't you get up and we can work on this thing together?" Felisa suggested. Thomas and Chuck glanced at each other for a second before Thomas got up, grabbing his machete and walking over to Newt and Felisa.