Ch. 21 - NIGHTMARE TUNNEL

▪︎💀🌎💉▪︎

▪︎💀🌎💉▪︎

Chapter Twenty-One💀 Nightmare Tunnel 💀

Chapter Twenty-One
💀 Nightmare Tunnel 💀

After a while of driving, Felisa slowed the car down as they came up to a tunnel before the four of them got out of the car. "You really want us to go in there?" Felisa asked, raising her eyebrows as she glanced back at Thomas who was looking at the map. 

"I don't wanna come across as too negative, but I mean, if I was a Crank, that's exactly where I would be." Newt said and Thomas glanced up from the map, "I don't think we have much of a choice." He said and they all stared at the tunnel. 

"All right. I get shotgun." Newt said before walking back to the car. 

A little while later, they drove cautiously through the tunnel, the car shaking every so often from potholes. "Well, here we go." Felisa said as Thomas, Frypan and Newt shined flashlights around to look at where the car's lights didn't reach. "Yeah, just take it nice and slow." Newt said and Felisa drove around cars. 

"Whoa!" Felisa said as she hit the brakes when they saw someone standing in the middle of the road. "It's okay. It's just one, so take it slow, go around him. We'll be fine." Thomas said and Felisa pursed her lips. "Or I could just run it over so I can't be a problem later on." Felisa said and Frypan shook her head, "I think I agree with Thomas." He said making her glance back at them before sighing 

"Fine, taking it slow." She said as she turned back to the wheel while Newt rolled up his window. Thomas leaned back a bit before glancing out his window only to jump when he saw a woman standing outside. "Please." The woman said before trying to open the door that was locked, "Help me." She said. 

All of the sudden someone hit Frypan's window making them jump and look over to see a man. He didn't look like most cranks they've seen but, definitely worse than the woman. "Please. Please! Let me in." The woman said, "Okay. Fel, we gotta go." Thomas said before a crank hit Felisa's window making her jump slightly. 

"Please! Open the door." 

"You need to go right now! Just floor it, Fel!" Frypan said as more and more cranks started to appear around the car. "Hold on to something!" Felisa yelled before pressing down on the gas as a crank jumped up onto the hood. 

"Holy shit!" Felisa said when the crank punched the window, instantly cracking it. "Come on, Fel, shake him!" Thomas said as Felisa swerved around cars. "What do you think I'm trying to do?!" Felisa said as she kept swerving around, only making the cranks fall next to her door, still holding on as it punched the window. 

"Hang on!" Felisa yelled before swerving over towards a car that had something tall in the back, causing it to hit the crank off the car. "Oh, shit." Frypan muttered as he and Thomas looked out the back before looking back to the front. 

"Felisa, watch out!" Thomas yelled right before they hit something, causing the car to tip before flipping upside down. They all groaned as Thomas turned on a light, "Everyone okay?" He asked. "Ow." Felisa muttered as she grabbed her knee, "My hand. My hand." Frypan said as the car turned off, including its lights. 

"Felisa, cover your eyes." Thomas said before kicking a window making it break, "Shit, my hand." Frypan said as Thomas started climbing out the broken window. Thomas quickly got up and tried to pull open one of the doors but it wouldn't budge. 

"Fel, how's your knee?" Thomas asked as he walked around the car and Felisa groaned slightly, "It's fine." She mumbled. Newt managed to get his door open before rolling out. "Newt, you okay?" Thomas asked as he helped Newt up, "Yeah, I think so." He said. 

"Hey, help me up." Felisa said as she climbed into the front where Newt was, with a bag in hand. Thomas and Newt grabbed her arm before helping her out of the car, "You okay?" Newt asked and she nodded. 

"Fry, you okay?" Felisa asked as he started to climb out the car but before Frypan could say anything there was suddenly a loud scream making them look over to see a crank in the distance. Newt went to reach for his gun, only to find his holster missing, "Oh, shit." He mumbled. 

"Frypan, I think we gotta move. Now!" Thomas said, "Wait a minute!" Frypan said before quickly climbing back into the car. "Right now! Fry, now!" Newt yelled as the crank ran towards them, "Come on, what are you doing? We gotta move! Come on!" Thomas yelled as Frypan tried to get something. 

"Hold on!" Frypan yelled, "Frypan gotta go! Come on!" Thomas yelled before Frypan climbed out the car with a gun. He quickly got up, cocking the gun before shooting the crank making it fall to the ground. "Nice shot, Fry." Felisa said as they walked up to him, "Thanks." 

There was another loud screeching making them look over to see more cranks coming. "Okay. We gotta go. Go, go!" Thomas said as they started running while Frypan fired a couple shots. "Fry, come on, let's go!" Felisa yelled before Frypan turned around and they all quickly took off running. 

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Thomas yelled as they skidded to a stop when they saw more cranks in the direction they were going. Felisa quickly dug around her back before pulling out a pistol, "Fry, you go any left?" She asked. "Yeah!" He said as they both shot a couple cranks from both directions. 

After a couple shots, Frypan's gun clicked, "I'm out!" He said. "Damn it!" Felisa said as she shot at a couple more cranks, "I don't have enough for all these guys." Felisa said before all of the sudden a truck came down the tunnel, hitting a couple cranks in the process. 

"Hey, get in!" Brenda called out as she stood up before shooting at the cranks as the four quickly hopped into the back. "Go!" Brenda yelled as she sat back down, "Hang on!" Jorge yelled before quickly driving through cranks and out the tunnel. 

"I'm impressed! You guys almost lasted a whole day." Jorge said, making Felisa laugh sarcastically as Thomas helped Newt climb into the back seats. "You good?" He asked and Newt nodded, "Yeah." He said. Brenda turned around to look at the four of them with an amused look. 

"I'm sorry. I didn't wanna bring you guys into this." Thomas said, making Brenda and Jorge glance at each other, "I think what he's trying to say is thanks for saving us." Frypan said as he stuck his head through the back window making Thomas smile while Felisa chuckled. 

"You're welcome." Brenda said before turning back around to face the front, "Hey, don't get your hopes up. That checkpoint back there, that was the city's last defense. If that was overrun, chances are the city is, too." Jorge said before Newt looked out at the horizon. 

"Yeah, unless they figured out some other ways to keep the cranks out." He said making them follow his line of sight before Jorge slammed on the breaks. They all quickly got out before looking out at an untouched city, enclosed by walls. 

"Funny... Spent three years trapped behind walls, trying to break out, and now we wanna break back in." Newt said and Frypan nodded, "Yeah. It's hilarious." He said, making Felisa and Newt chuckle while glancing back at him. 

"Jorge, how do we get in?" Thomas asked and Jorge shook his head, "Don't look at me, hermano. Those walls are new. I guess that's WICKED's answer for everything." Jorge said and Brenda glanced around. "Well, we ain't gonna figure it out from up here." She said before walking back to the car, "Let's go!" She said and everyone started walking back to the car except for Thomas making Felisa and Newt walk over to him 

"You really think he's in there?" Newt asked and Thomas glanced at them, "I guess we'll find out." He said and Felisa raised her eyebrows. "You know she's gonna be there, too." Felisa said, making him glance at her before looking back out at the city.