Breeders

This entry is for Wattpad science-fiction, May 2022: Criminal.

~~~

It's been a year since I was kidnapped from the backyard of my home. My mom always used to tell me to be careful as I was the free spirited one among my siblings.

"Olivia, be careful, one day you are going to regret your impulsive decisions. That day no one will come to save you."

Turns out she was right, because last year when I was skipping during one of the lightning storms, which were becoming very frequent, I was snatched away from not only home but from my reality.

My memories of my family were becoming hazy but I clearly remember that awful day. We thought the lightning was just a part of global warming but they were much more. The lightning were portals to the future or you can say they were the time machines specifically to collect resources from the past, also known as human beings.

Last year when I was bought here, a warden was assigned to a bunch of people who were kidnapped with me from my timeline. My group was called breeders. It was our warden Xena's job to train and teach us about this world; the future. First thing she told us was the date, which was around 2000 years ahead of our time and it was enough to bring out the chaotic hysterics.

From what I have learnt, this world is on the verge of destruction because of outside planet invasions. This world requires young soldiers to fight and young girls like myself for reproduction to rehabilitate the world.

For the past year Xena has been coaching us in the do's and don'ts after we become the active breeders. She is preparing us so that we can breed a healthy child. Also they are making us eat these genetically modified pills so that we breed multiple times throughout our life expectancy.

And all I could think about was the words my mom used to say. Be careful, no one is going to save you!!

And now it was time to join the army of breeders. For the time being of my captivity, I didn't actually process what was happening but today when Xena dropped some skimpy clothes on my bed, I realized the magnitude of my situation.

I had nowhere to go. I was stuck being a prostitute with a hoard of children running around me. There was no way of hoping to see my family again. I am never going to get married or fall in love. I am just going to be a part of a big and twisted experiment. Dread filled me because I didn't have any energy or hope left in me. Also even if I tried to run away from all of this, then where would I go?

There was no law enforcement for people like us who were brought from the past. Who will listen to me? And it's not like, I can just catch a train and go to my family. They were dead two thousand years ago.
I was all alone in this place.

So with silent tears rolling down my cheeks I started wearing the awful see through lace dress without any under clothes.

After a few minutes Xena pulled me into a compound filled with girls dressed like me. On the outskirts of the compound there were hundreds of men waiting for their turn. One by one they would come and scan us using a device which would tell them the best suitable girl for them, who would give him the strongest child. The whole process was making me sick.

When the number of girls was down by more than half, I knew that I was done for. Soon it will be me marching through the corridor with a giant man by my side. No one will come to save me nor could I save myself.

Right now I wanted to scream and cry. Anything. But today even my tear ducts were not cooperating. Everybody in this world has left me alone. I was counting my breath as the number of the girls went down to the last two, including myself. And the way the uncountable men were eyeing us was making my stomach hurl. I was very close to showing my displeasure by throwing up in their faces when suddenly the ground started shaking violently.

"Find a shelter and secure the breeders." The speakers started booming. "We are under attack from the planet Utaph."

I heard that plant Utaph is the most powerful planet in the universe. Because of its leader, our planet lost everything. The leader is said to be the most cruel and notorious individual around the universe. He not only runs his planet but the whole universe with an iron fist. Each and everyone in this universe fears him.

There are very few people who have seen him in person but those who have, had only one thing to say.

"Run for your life."

The crime authorities of different planets and the joint forces of the universe have only one goal, that is to catch him dead or alive.

And now our planet has caught his eyes. He will not stop from destroying everything that comes in his way to achieve the ultimate victory over the universe.

I don't know if I should rejoice over the fact that my body is going to be safe for another day or should I feel dreadful over my possible death during the invasion.

The compound I was standing in was nearly destroyed and empty. Nobody noticed that I was still rooted in the middle of it as everybody would think that any sane person would run away to shelter for protection but not me. Because I knew my fate if I was left alive today; I would be killed from inside. My soul will be tarnished forever like all those girls before me.

Therefore I didn't move away from my place. I kept standing with my eyes closed in hopes that one of the missiles or red lasers would hit me and take away my misery forever.

Then the air around me crackled.

"What is your name, Angel?" A dark voice whispered against me. My heart skipped a beat at the unknown threat. I turned around to find myself standing alone. There was no one but I could swear there was someone breathing down behind me.

"I don't like to repeat myself." The same voice growled, sending shivers down my body. Again there was no one behind me but this time I could make out the air shimmering as it changed colors. It looked like the density of the air was shifting as it took the shape of a man. A very big and muscular man.

"Who are you?" Call it my intuition or anything but I had a vague idea of this man's identity.

"Doesn't matter, first I asked you something, human." His intense eyes scanned me from top to bottom, which made me blush but surprisingly not uncomfortable.

"Olivia. And you are?" I timidly asked.

"All you need to know is that I am the most wanted criminal in this universe. But I am the only one able to help you." He explained dangerously.

"How can you help me?" I countered frowning. No one can help me from this hellhole.

"I know what happens to girls like you. In this place you are nothing but a breeding machine. So tell me angel, do you want to be saved?"  He vaguely replied

"But why will you help me? I don't want to leave the clutches of one devil and enter another's." I was not so sure whether to believe my luck or curse myself for not running when I had the chance. Because there is no denying that he is the more dangerous of the choices.

"I am a criminal of this entire universe, I like to acquire the most precious things of the past, present and future. And now I want you my dear Angel. But the choice is yours, whether you want to be owned by one or used by multiple men."

I gulped. But I don't know whether it was with fear or excitement.

"And just so you know, I take care of my things very well." He hissed in my ear.

"Yes."

My simple answer was enough for him before another lightning struck and we were sucked into thin air.

*****