Cuddles

Cuddles

pairing (NatexMaxx) *3rd person*

summary: Nate sobbed as Maxx pulled him into his lap. "Hush, princess... I've got you.. let's cuddle, yeah?"

*****

             When Maxx woke up, it was three o'clock in the morning, and sobs were echoing through his room. He groaned slightly and turned over in bed, causing Nate to stop his loud sobs.

                He let out a small whimper as he tried to stay quiet, but he couldn't. There was just so much pain burning in his heart, and his tears seemed to be the only thing that could put out the fire that was his hurt....

                     "Babe?" He whimpered again as Maxx opened his eye sleepily. "Why are you crying" he asked softly, voice laced with sleep. He pulled Nate tighter against his soaked shirt, the pour boy had his tears staining it.

                    "'S nothing. Y-You can go back to bed now, Maxxy." "No, I can't... not until I know why my princess was crying" he mumbled, pressing a kiss to the top of Nate's head. Nathan felt as if his cheeks were stained in crimson as he sniffled, he hated to admit it, but he loved it when Maxx called him princess. It made him feel special.

                        "It's really nothing, M-Maxx." Nate cringed as he rubbed his cheek against Maxx's chest. "Sorry about your shirt." "No worries, baby." He sat up and took off the shirt, deciding to sit up against the headboard.

                  Nate sat up, too, and leaned against it, resting his head on his boyfriend's shoulder. He laced his fingers with Maxx's and closed his eyes as he tried to compose himself. He really didn't want to cry anymore...

                     "Baby, you can tell me, anything. Kay?" Nate only nodded, "Y-Yeah." Maxx sighed and wrapped his arms around the boy's waist. Nate sniffled. He really wanted to tell Maxx.

                       He wanted to tell him about how at 12:00 he got the text from his mom. He wanted to tell him about how his brother was put in the hospital because while was sleeping he had an attack (his brother had heart problems). He wanted to tell him how at 2:00 in the morning, after 2 hours of his crying his heart out in worry, the hospital said they couldn't do anything. He wanted to tell him how he lost his big brother... his best friend.

He wanted to.

                He didn't even realize his was crying into Maxx's shoulder. Nate sobbed as Maxx pulled him into his lap. "Hush princess... I've got you.. let's cuddle, yeah?"

                  Nate let out a heart breaking sob, and he tried to get away from Maxx's grasp. "I WANT MY BIG BROTHER" he cried. "Hey... babe, I can take you over to your place. It's no big deal, princess-" "He's gone... he's g-gone" he whimpered.

                        "What?" "He's gone!" He let out a sob as he pulled out his phone, handing it over to Maxx. "Gone..." Maxx saw the messages from his mom saying how sorry she was. How she was hurting too, and how they'd get through this.

                   "Oh baby... I didn't know." He wrapped his arms tightly around Nate and began to coo in his ear. "I'm so so sorry, babe. We'll stay in here... you don't even have to go to the funeral if you're still hurting... we can stay in the room all day and eat ice cream and watch your favorite movies, okay?"

                     Though this wouldn't fix the situation, it seemed to calm him down a bit. "W-Would... would we- would we cuddle" Nate sniffled, wiping at his eyes with his fist. He reminded Maxx of a sleepy toddler, really. He smiled sadly and brushed the raven black hair from the boy's eyes, brushing more behind his ear. "Of course princess."

                       Seeming content with this, Nate seemed to relax a bit, but was still kind of tense, and sniffling as well.

                       "Can we cuddle now" he mumbled, blushing deeply. Maxx laughed, "Baby, you never have to ask." He tightened his grip on the small boy's waist and Nate rested his head on Maxx's shoulder, closing his eyes. "I love you M-Maxxy." "I love you too baby..."

                     "I do mean it..." "I know, princess." "You'll never leave me, right?" He looked up at Maxx with big puppy dog eyes. "Never baby. Now, rest your pretty voice, it sounds like you'll have a sore throat if you keep up all that talking" Maxx said sternly but softly.

                     "Okay..." He rested his head on Maxx's chest this time, breathing in his husky scent. And then, he was sleeping.