𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘 𝗜 𝗲𝗽𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗱𝗲 𝗼𝗻𝗲

"NIETZSCHE ONCE SAID, 'Man is as a rope streched between the animal and the superhuman. A rope over an abyss. It is a dangerous crossing, a dangerous looking back, a dangerous trembling and halting'"

Reginald Hargreeves stood a few floors over the kids of the umbrella academy. Only Vanya was with him. Reading from a book, both of them looked down at the others who were earing training suits.

As the old man looked at the girl next to him, she blowed a whistle. As the loud, rilling sound was heard by the kids downstairs, they began to run up the stairs.

"As much as you must strive for individual greatness, and strive you must, for it won't come to you of it's own accord, you must also remember that there is no individual stronger than the collective"

Luther was the first one because of his super strength, the others followed more slowly until five began to teleport himself to be faster what was noticed by scoffs from his panting siblings.

The only kid, except for Vanya, that wasn't running, was Number Eight. She stood at the start, getting the others a head start.

Good, maybe she was being arrogant. Maybe she wanted to prove something.

She let te others see that she was still donstairs, and when they almost reached their dad, she began to run. When she used her superspeed, everything slowed down again. Without any sign of exhaustion, she passed all of her siblings and reached the finish line at first.

"That's not fair!" Diego shouted. "Five and Eight are cheating!"

"They adapted!" their father called.

"Ties that bind you together make you stronger than you are alone"

Now, nearly everyne got their tatoos, the indification mark of the umbrella academy. Allison and Klaus, who were crying in pain, were already finished, while five and Y/N still waited for their tatoos, sitting on two stairs and watching in fear.

Horrified, eight watched as Diego  gritted his teeth together painfully. As Five noticed, he took her hand and both of them felt a bit better when they interveined their fingers.

"They will make you impervius to the pain and the hardship the world will thrust upon you. And believe me, when I tell you, life will be hard. It will be painful"

Unknown to the others, Vanya watched lonely from the stairs. The feeling of beeing excluded again made her heart heavy. How bad did she want to sit there with the others right now...

With trembling fingers, she rolled her sleeve up and drew with a marker the umbrella academy symbol on her arm.

"We can accomplish everything anything responsibility together. This is what creates trust. Together, you will stand against the reign of evil."

I desperately seek for something to eat but, as it seemes, someone plundered the kitchen. Near me, five is also looking through the cupboards.