𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧 𝗜 𝗲𝗽𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗱𝗲 𝘁𝘄𝗼

"WELL, THAT WENT WELL," I mutter when we are back in front of the umbrella academy.

The last time we stood here, I remember suddenly, was back in the apocalypse, drowning in despair over the loss and full of fear like insects under a foot. Our whole world crushed, our family dead, and we were all alone.

When I turn my head, I can tell from his expression that he's thinking of the same thing.

"It's not gonna happen," he says. "Not again"

I hold on to that promise he can't make, not truly.

"You know I love you, right?" I say.

He nods. "And you know I love you too, no matter how often you leave me"

"It was one time!" I exclaim but I grin.

Now, we're back to the teasing, light tone. But the depths of our suffering will always lie in our souls. Good thing we aren't alone.

"We have to get Delores," I say as we walk towards the entrance.

"Alright. This evening?"

I nod. "I miss her"

"Five? Eight?"

My head spinns and I look at five alarmed.

"Vanya!"

To describe the situation, Five and I, along with Klaus, stand in Fives room and try to stop the apocalypse which is harder than we thought.

A part of me is happy to have Klaus with us since, y'know, he's Klaus, but a part of me also wants to spent as much time alone with Five as possible.

"Into the wardrobe!" Five hisses and Klaus quickly hides when the door opens and Vanya steps in.

When she sees us, she lets out a breath of relieve. "Oh, thank god, I was worried sick about you two"

"Sorry we left without saying goodbye," Five says while I stand before the wardrobe awakwardly to hide an end of Klaus clothing.

"No, look," Vanya begins, "I'm the one that should be sorry. Yeah, I was dismissive, and I- I guess I didn't know how to process what you were saying. And I still can't, to be honest"

I let go of the wardrobe and walk towards her to grab her hand and give her a calming smile. But the jaded expression doesn't leave her face.

Even though I hate to lie to her, I say: "Mabe you were-"

"...right to be dismissive," Five ends the sentence and scoffs. "Maybe it wasn't real after all. It felt real. Well... like you said, the old man did say time travel could contamitate the mind"

Vanya sighs and looks at us quizzically. "Then maybe I'm not the right person for you to be talking to. Look, I used to see someone. A therapist. I could give you her inforation"

"Thanks," Five fawns, "But I think I'm just gonna get some rest. It's been a long time since I've had a good sleep"

"Okay," Vanya sighs and leaves.

We listen as the sound of her steps fades.

"I don't like lying to her," I mumble, stepping at Fives side.

"I know," he says, grabbing both of my hands. "Me neither, my lo-"

"Love!" Klaus shouts, jumping out of the wardrobe. "Young love! Isn't that heartwarming? Ohhh you two are so adorable, like two teddybears-"