Chapter 9 Moody

Y/N lays in her bed, staring at the ceiling. She just stays in the same position as the Sun slowly rises and the window's shadow slowly moves. She lays there either waiting for Lavender, Parvati, or Hermione to wake up or for it to be seven o'clock in the morning. Whichever comes first. 

The inability to sleep is starting to pose it's affect. Well, the inability to sleep for more than three hours every night. Y/N keeps waking up every night, unable to go back due to the fear of dreaming again. Her mind is scattered at a constant. She thinks about that night at the Quidditch World Cup, then she thinks about the Triwizard Tournament, then to the events with Theodore Nott hours earlier, then on to her mom being pregnant, and repeat. it's a constant cycle of keeping herself busy in the mind, thinking about everything that's going on with her.

How could she go to sleep when there's so much to think about and when it always ends poorly.

She constantly looks out the window to see the clock tower. Lucky for her, there's a window right beside her bed, facing it. The Sun's peaking over the horizon of the mountains that surround Hogwarts.

Y/N, Hermione, Lavender, and Parvati walk into the great hall together. They split up as they keep going. Y/N and Hermione to side of the table, Parvati and Lavender on the other. 

Chatter fills the hall as usual

Chatter fills the hall as usual. Chatter blending from all the house's tables and the tables that the Beauxbatons and Durmstrang students sit at. As she walks with Hermione, Y/N looks over to see Theodore Nott. He's watching her and when she looks to him, his cheeks go pink. Maybe she reacted to harshly on him the other night, but it doesn't excuse his behavior.

When Y/N sits down at the table, she sit's beside Fred. He immediately reacts by wrapping his arm around her.

"Morning." 

"Good morning." She smiles in reaction.

Dumbledore takes the stand in front of the crowd. "Welcome Everyone! As a way to start off the year a pleasant and welcoming start for our guests, I've decided we shall sing them our sing. Please all Hogwarts students, stand and show our guests how hospitable we can be!"

Y/N rolls her eyes. "Oh, Merlin's beard."

"What?" Neville asks, naively.

"They walked in with phoenix's made of fire and blue, sparkly butterflies. So now we're gonna sing Hoggy Warty Hogwarts in reaction. I'm sorry, but this song is just sad in comparison."

Dumbledore walks down the isle and turns around to display the words for the song for everyone to see. Everyone begins singing the song, but Y/N just kind of mutters it. It's embarrassing to her.

Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy Warty Hogwarts,
Teach us something please,
Whether we be old and bald,
Or young with scabby knees,
Our heads could do with filling,
With some interesting stuff,
For now they're bare and full of air,
Dead flies and bits of fluff,
So teach us things worth knowing,
Bring back what we've forgot,
Just do your best, we'll do the rest,
And learn until our brains all rot.