Four Years Ago

While having dinner together, Tho asked, “Are you both back together or just friends?” Anda smacked him on the back of the head and said, “Ai’Tho, stop being nosey

While having dinner together, Tho asked, “Are you both back together or just friends?” Anda smacked him on the back of the head and said, “Ai’Tho, stop being nosey. Let them enjoy their company. They are seeing each other for the first time in 4 years.” Aek took a long sip from his drink and asked, “Ai’Leo, can you now tell us why you both broke up? It’s a mystery to us.” Anda just sighed and Leo and Fiat exchanged a look before telling the story-

Four Years Ago

After graduating from college, Leo and Fiat moved in together for their work. They started dating in the final year of college and decided to be in a live-in relationship first. They worked hard but had little savings because of their expenses. Even if they had their own car for traveling, the first year was rough. The next year, the savings went up and both were happy. They would go to work, work hard and then come home late in the evening. Their schedule was such that they could rarely go out with their friends. On weekends, they stayed home, doing the laundry and catching up on sleep while sometimes going out for dinners.
Things went bad in the third year. One day, when he got free early, Leo decided to go to a club. He made new friends there that took him gambling. Leo spent a lot of money gambling and lost more than he made. Leo often went to the same place to go gambling. Fiat was surprised that their savings started to go down and talked to Leo about it. Leo waved away Fiat’s concerns and said that everything was fine. One day, Fiat coincidentally saw Leo at the casino and confronted him at home. Leo said he’ll stop. But after a few months, he saw Leo at the casino again. Fiat lost his cool and got really mad at Leo for lying to him as he knew Fiat hated gambling. Fiat decided to break up with Leo. They didn’t talk to each other for 4 years. Fiat changed his phone number so that Leo couldn’t contact him.
Fiat vowed to never see Leo again or talk to him. But it all changed when Nadia requested Fiat to attend the banquet and reconcile with Leo. It was a difficult decision, but he decided to go for his mother. And so, he fixed his broken relationship with Leo.