I

Third
Upon opening his eyes, Y/n found himself neck deep in water with rain hitting his face. He breathed deeply, letting his eyes adjust and feeling the weight of the water tugging him down. Suddenly aware of his position he pushes himself upwards towards the surface, seeing nothing but black around him. A soft tune hit his ears and he turned his head towards it, swimming as quickly as he could towards the sound.

Being his only hope, he felt his fingertips brush the edge of the water's body. He weakly hoisted himself up and out, feeling the water tug him to the heavy ground. He let out a deep, pained breath as he slowly recovered his oxygen reserves. His e/c eyes scanned the darkness as the tune got louder, almost as if he were mere feet away. He rolled onto his stomach and began pushing himself up.

Though his muscles still ached, he continued. He rounded a rocky corner and saw a door, just barely illuminated by a light inside. He stumbled over, peeking through the side of the door as he opened it a crack. The music stopped, the light in the room vanishing. He sighed softly, walking inside and closing the door. He looked around in the darkness as his eyes adjusted to the room.

The lights flickered back on after he found a switch along the wall, he stepped around a large fountain. His eyes scanned over the intricate carving of a bleeding angel. He heard movement from a door that opened on its own suddenly, it the was down the hallway and he slowly moved towards it. "Hello?" His whisper echoed through the empty hall, making chills creep up his spine. He noted how damp the walls were and how easily he had dirt fall onto his back.

After a moment he found another switch, pulling it down from the ceiling. The light flicked on, just enough to reveal a large beast behind the male before it shattered onto the floor. Unknowing of how close it was he continues, feeling the walls as he walked down another corridor. He heard talking after a moment and felt the hot breath of something behind him, freezing in his place.

Lights flickered down his hall, making him covering his eyes with his arm as the beast roar angrily and charge past the male. As it ran it rammed Y/n into the cement floor. He cringed, curling into himself as he rolled forward a bit. Though disoriented again he pulled his gaze up at the sound of gunfire.

He sat himself up and scooted against the wall, touching his arm as he checked it over. Even in the darkness he could tell it was only going to bruise along the entirety. But it wouldn't hinder his escape from this strange place. Soon the gunfire blurred out, his gaze falling to the floor by himself.

After a moment someone's body appeared in the corner of his vision, grabbing his uninjured left arm and pulling him up. They wrapped an arm around his waist to help secure him as they walk. "Who..." his voice was hoarse, making him swallow back the rest of the words.

"You're alright. We're getting you out of here." The man holding him said, walking forward to rejoin his group. Quietly he flinched at the brightest of the flashlights, how long had he been trapped in the dark? Where was he? He slowly moved away from the man holding him, stumbling over to a set of stairs leading up. The few men around him shined their lights up it, giving Y/n a way to see as he began climbing them.

Soon he heard their boots hitting the stairs behind him as he climbed with confidence, wanting to be out of this place as soon as possible. As he reached another door he felt the wood with his fingers, realizing the cold that had been biting his shoulders and fingertips. The cool water weighed down his body more even as he pushed the door open.

As it opened a wave of heat hit his body, warming the past chill and making him feel safe. He looked around as the light from the sun hit his s/c arms. He walked towards one of the windows and peered outside, finding it to be an old and broken central garden. He frowned, turning to the group who all wore gas masks on their faces. Suddenly aware of the possible danger, his eyes narrowed.

Though his throat ached from choking on water, he turned and began walking to find a door. A hand grasped his shoulder and a man rammed the butt of his rifle against his temple, knocking him unconscious.

He woke up, head feeling as if it's splitting apart. His brow creased together as he sat up, touching his head. He felt the bruise that had formed and looked around himself. He was in a pristine white room, but not one like a hospital. He stood up, wobbling to the door of the room and finding it locked from the outside. His head turned about the room, noting every little thing. He hardly found any flaws, save for a broken vent shaft that was far too small for his body to fit through, though a child could easily wiggle through.

He sighed and sat back down on the bed, noticing the camera that moved to watch him. He became unconsciously insecure about himself as he looked down, hiding his face as he intertwined his fingers together. For what felt like ages he sat there on the bed until the door was pushed open. He lifted his head to see a woman in a lab coat.

Her shirt brown hair seemed to bounce very slightly as she approached him, using her stethoscope to check his heart rate and breathing pattern. She checked his blood pressure and his vision before nodding. "Do you know who you are?"

"Me? My name is Y/n L/n.... Where am I?" His voice was soft, still hoarse and dry. She nodded and left the room, coming back shortly with a glass of water. He took it thoughtfully and downed nearly the whole glass in one go.

As he held it in his hands, resting them on his legs as he watched her nervously. "I have a job for you," she began softly. His eyes stared into hers.

"Who are you first? And where am I?" He asked, finally able to talk confidently. Her eyes softened and a small smile tugged at her lips.

"I'm Rebecca, I work at the university you were brought to. They found you in an abandoned building filled with B.O.W.s and covered with water. They wanted to run tests and were relieved when you showed no afflictions." She explained to him, seeing the male nod as he accepted it.

"And what's the job?" He looked at her, seeing her head tilt.

"It's something with a private company that wouldn't tell me anything. They've already got you a temporary partner." She spoke, seeing him nod. Though he was confused he finished the water and set it down on the table. He began to pace the room.

"And... where do I have to go?" Y/n asked, pausing to look at her.