XIII

Within a few weeks the male had trained with Helena. He found out that Leon had left that night to hook up with his mystery girl, which didn't surprise Y/n one bit. Training with Helena reminded him of sparks of a past he thought was forgotten.

Of women talking to him in a bar, if laughter. The sparks blinded him and made him vulnerable. Yet as he trained alone with this woman, who would give him time to recover so they could continue. As he shook away the strange flecks he grew stronger and smarter.

They trained for hours until someone knocked on the door, the two paused and went quiet. The wooden door creaked as it swung open. Leon stood in the doorway, looking between the two quietly. "Can I talk to Y/n for a moment?" Helena nodded and patted the males shoulder as she walked out. Leon closed the door and look at him anxiously. "So..."

"So..." Y/n returned, turning and picking up his bag. He slung it over his shoulder and approached the door. "What did you want from me?"

Leon spun around and looked at him, touching his shoulder. "I wanted to apologize... you've been super quiet since that day..."

"Which day? I don't recall a day where I'm not unhappy when you're around." He replied coldly as he left the blonde alone in the room. He passed Hunnigan, who turned to watch him walk with pursed lips.

Leon stepped out of the room and the woman eyes him. "What did you do Leon?"

The dirty blonde sighed and hung his head, "Everything..." He mumbled, throwing his arms out for a moment and shaking his head. He lifted his head suddenly and watched the woman. "Has he been acting weird? He's training too much."

She simply shook her head. "We're transferring to a different group." She explained, seeing his eyes soften.

"What?"

"And if they like him, they'll keep him."

"S-So what? We're giving him away??" Leon asked, distraught by the news.

She simply returned his stare with a sharpened gaze. "You don't need a partner." She replied, hinting at how he reacted when he was first put together with the male. Leon bit the inside of his cheek and sighed.

"Won't you have to test his abilities more then?"

"I have no doubt he could take you in a fight Leon." She retorted. "He's stronger than he looks." With that she stepped around him and walked down the hall.

Leon stood there alone in the hall, thinking. His mind went to Ada and how she ghosted him after their shared night in a hotel. His brow furrowed and he shook his head. "Goddamnit..." He started walking towards Y/n's room, knocking.

The door opened and Y/n peeked his eyes out at the taller man. "What?" He asked, his voice soft.

"I wanna talk... without you running away..." He replied anxiously, brow furrowed.

The male sighed and opened the door, Leon stepping in quickly. He sat on Y/n's bed while the shorter male closed the door and walked to his desk and leaning on it. "You wanna talk so bad, then talk..." Y/n pressured, pushing off the desk and grabbing his backpack.

"For one... Wait what are you doing?"

"I'm leaving tomorrow Leon." Y/n explained level-headed. "So todays the last day you got to talk to me. So start talking."

"There's so much I've got to say..." Leon began sadly.

"And I'll still be here at night..." Y/n added, watching Leon from the corner of his eye. "So... You should talk..."

Leon looked away from him and frowned, "I keep thinking back to that day when I snapped at you... and I've felt... abnormally guilty... Normally I wouldn't care so much but with you... With you I feel like I can talk about problems I don't normally bring up... I... I feel like you're a part of me I can't let go and I hate knowing your leaving..." He confessed, feeling weight lift off of his chest.

"So... who's this girl I've been hearing about?" Y/n asked, cutting to the chase. He caught Leon's tensed shoulders in his gaze and the way the male flicked his head to look at him wearily.

"Ada..." He spoke, quietly. "I met her back in Raccoon and I thought she died, but... she didn't and..."

"And?" Y/n pressured, both curious and confused.

"And then she was there... On my mission... she used me again to get what she needed... then left... but this time she..." He looked away from the male. "Got in touch and we ah..." He gulped anxiously, hesitant to answer.

"Hooked up?" Y/n asked, putting clothes into the backpack. He watched as Leon nodded quietly and refused to look at him.

"I'm sorry..."

"I don't care..." Y/n retorted, packing the rest of his clothes. "It's your life. How you live it is your choice." He added, the solemn tone he let out was immediately noticed by the dirty blonde agent.

"Y/n I..." He began and the male paused, looking back at him with innocent eyes. "I do... I do care deeply about you..." He stood up and put his hands in his front pockets. "I really think I've fallen in love with you... a-and I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I think you've been on my mind since the day we came back... I've regretted how I reacted... I should have been gentler with it and given us that chance... n-now I'm afraid I've gone and fucked it all up..." He looked at the floor, nervous.

Y/n stood there, unsure if he should feel shocked or relief in those words. "Leon..." He began, his voice barely a whisper. It went unheard as Leon continued to ramble. Though it was cute Y/n stopped him, touching his arm. "Do you... really mean all that? That you love me?"

"L-Love?" Leon returned, meeting the shorter males eyes. "I've never... I mean... I have been told that and said that, but... I've never meant it in my life..." He spoke, but stuttered over his next words after seeing hurt flash in Y/n's face. "But now it's different! When I'm with you the thought of gently touching your face and-and kissing you is just... I can't get it outta my head! That night with Ada-"

"Don't..." Y/n pleaded.

"I couldn't stop thinking about you..." Leon finished, then went quiet. His breathing had quickened in pace and he was worried that if he hadn't fucked up then he certainly had now. But his worries melted away when he saw the male looking into his eyes innocently.

"You couldn't?"

"Not for a second..."