XIX

Y/n clutched his head and groaned as the memory subsided. He suddenly turned his gaze to Blaze, watching him. "What happened to the little girl that was there?"

"What little girl?"

"The one that had her eyes stolen from her and... she had a little stuffed rabbit with its right eye missing..." He began calmly, brow furrowing. "It was the lightest shade of brown I'd ever seen and it's remaining eye was chartreuse..." He noticed Blaze's look of utter horror as he stood up and reached into the dresser.

"I know that rabbit..." He began, pulling it out of the unused bottom drawer. He held it out for the male and Y/n took it into his hands. "We found it on you before you got knocked out... You kept mumbling something about it..." Had he truly? He genuinely couldn't remember half of the hardened details. He looked over the stuffed rabbit and it's inviting stare. His lips pursed and he closed his eyes.

"Something just didn't seem right..." He began. "She kept calling me stranger. She found my gum and returned it to me when she was completely blind... it's like she... knew where I would be at every turn..."

(Sound familiar yet?) Blaze worriedly sat beside him once again and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Maybe you hit your head really really hard and imagined her...?"

"I was bloodied to hell, but I never hit my head..." Y/n grumbled, visibly distraught and upset Blaze would even assume such an outrageous thing. He knew what his memory told him, and he was bent on remembering more.

"Alright, but we searched every part of that fucking place and the only things there were you, a fuck load of zombies and then that thing that attacked us all... otherwise I don't remember..." Blaze replied.

Y/n took his right hand and looked at it, seeing the fingers that had been missing previously in his memory. His brow furrowed as he thought deeply. He stood up and approached the mirror, lifting his shirt to look at the scar Leon had pointed at. His eyes widened when it was almost a perfect match to the beast's mighty teeth.

He let his shirt fall down back into place and stepped away from the mirror, now deeper in his mind than he thought possible. He wondered what had happened and why his hand was perfectly fine. Was it the water? Did it have secret healing powers? Was that why Blaze and Chris were there the day they found him? He turned and watched Blaze cautiously, or was this a dream and he was genuinely still there?

He pinched himself and scrunched up his nose at the sharp pain that filtered through his arm. He wasn't dreaming. Everythinf he was seeing was real. His hand being healed. The scars from the beast and hitting the rocks. His eyes softened and he sat back down, deep in thought. A knock sounded on the door and Chris entered the room, pausing as he saw Blaze sign for him to not speak a word just yet.

The two men watched Y/n's face contort, confusion getting stronger before he sighs and sets the rabbit on the bed. "Whatever... I'm hungry..." Blaze stood up with a nod and Y/n noticed Chris' form leaning against the wall by the door. He pursed his lips and looked towards the floor opposite of Chris. "How long have you been there?"

"Long enough to know you went through something. Not sure what, but I can only assume." He replied, though his voice was softer. It calmed Y/n's nerves, who previously thought Chris would scold him for how roughly he treated the others. Perhaps Chris understood the traumatic experiences the male had to have gone through to panic so harshly. He shook his head and stood up from the bed, lifting his head with what pride he had left and took in a deep breath.

"I remembered how I got in the water... sir..." He finished after a moment, not hardly use to the ranks and divisions. Chris nodded, not mentioning his near slip up as he placed a hand on the back of Y/n's right shoulder. The two shared a quiet nod and went walking towards the cafeteria. Blaze was at the door, talking calmly with Jill. The dirty blonde, almost entirely brown haired woman looked worried. She sent Y/n a shy, worried smile as she saw him and Chris arrive at their side.

"How are you feeling?" She asked, her tone and voice as soft as Chris' had been. She placed her hand on his bicep and the male almost couldn't tell why she was being so kind. But he knew better. Jill was likely to be the nicest one in the small group. She looked over his features with worry, waiting patiently for his answer.

He averted his eyes sheepishly and replied with a soft, almost inaudible, "I'm okay now..." She nodded and moved back, giving him some space as the four of them entered the room. Heads turned in their direction and Y/n felt his throat closing in on him. He kept his eyes on the ground, not wanting to look any of the people he knocked out to see their anger or distaste. By doing this, however, he missed their worried looks.

He missed the way they spoke calmly, pointing worriedly at him. Despite his outburst of aggression none of them despised him for it. Rather they felt more close to him, knowing that the male had panicked and didn't mean to hurt them. Y/n got his food and sat down, beginning to eat as he noticed the stares. He saw the worry and curiosity in all the peoples eyes. He swallowed thickly as he began eating.

His mind wandered to his dark haired agent. He wondered what Leon was doing, and if he was okay. He knew Leon had been moved onto a mission, which he hasn't been able to talk to him in a day or two now. He sighed softly and closed his eyes briefly. "One hell of a long..."

(Cliffhanger! Dun dun duuuuuun!)