chapter 2

the wind whipped my hair behind me as i dive down to a clearing near the town. lightly landing on my feet i feel my wings slowly shrink back into my back.
"what a great day to be a witch." i smile to myself. i start humming that song as i walk towards the town clutching my satchel. as i step into the town i'm immediately hit by people laughing, music playing, and the smell of freshly baked bread from the bakery. a smile settles on my face as i continue to walk through the bustling streets. i open the bakery door and am met by a very tired looking lady at the counter, some soldiers, and a bunch of teenagers. i stroll up to the counter and the lady frowns at me.
"hi can i get 2 loaves of bread and a cookie?" i ask politely.
"sure." she gives me multiple side glares as she gets the stuff for me.
"that will be $20." she watches me carefully as i pull out my wallet. i have a weird feeling about her
but i just can't put my finger on it. i hand her the coins (coins will be the currency) she inspects them
carefully then hands me my food.
"thank you have a good day!" i say cheerfully before waking out.
"that was a weird encounter." i mutter as i walk away. now that i'm thinking about it, a lot of people are watching me. i quickly avert my eyes and stare at my feet as i walk towards the fish stand to get As his seaweed.
—~—
i'm walking down to the harbor and buy everything i need plus some extra stuff i liked. as i started to walk away i felt the sense that someone was watching me. i sent out a very small flare of magic to see if anything magical was there, and i felt a very dark presence around 10 feet away. i suck in a breath and start briskly walking away while continuing to feel if that presence was following me. I continued for about 5 minutes or so and i could feel more things start to follow me. now i can hear my heart beat pounding in my ears as i take a sharp turn down a ally way.
"what the hell are these things?!" i realize that i recognize them. they're the witch of the wastes henchmen.
"that old hag is trying to follow me again, just like the old days!"
suddenly a dark figure sinks out of the wall in front of me. i gasp and stop in my steps and tense up. spinning around i see at least 4 other behind me.
"you old bitch, now what are you trying to do?" i throw my hands up as if she's right there. one lurched forward trying to attack me but i smoothly side step and send a flair of magic at it.
pop!
it dissolves into dust right in front of me. shrieks of poor from the other creatures and i sigh.
"you know i really don't-"
suddenly i feel large hands wrap around my arm closest to the wall and see a black shadowy hand from one of those creatures gripping it. thinking as quickly as i can i send flair after flair of magic into it but it just doesn't let good and instead seeps the rest of the way out the wall.
"let go you idiot minion!" i screech at it. suddenly the rest of the minions whip their heads to the way i came into the ally way.

(608 words! i hope this chapter was ok! make sure you guys drink water and eat something <3)