chapter 3

"now now, you know it's not nice to pick on ladies who can't defend them self." a blond haired man appears the way i came. i scrunch my nose up at the comment he makes and he just smirks at me as cool as he possibly can be.
"you know this lady can defend herself!"
"oh really? then why haven't you escaped yet?" i narrow my eyes at him. this guy really seems to like getting on my nerves. he reminds me of- "not right now your literally going to die if you dont get help."
"this one's different!"
"do you want help?" he says the smile never leaving his face. the minions start to surge towards him. letting out a big sigh, i answer.
"yeah fine, whatever." he nods and a flair of magic swarms around the ally way. even this guys magic is familiar to me! just as quickly as they were there the minions disappear in a flash of light.
"thanks i guess." i say while rubbing my wrist. he lets out a laugh and i feel my heart squeeze. it can't be him though. it just can't be. he walks towards me and stops just a few feet away.
"so, where were you heading?" i have to look up a little bit to look into his bright blue eyes.
"i was heading home."
"why don't you let me escort you? it'll be safer that way."
"uh i," how do i tell him i live in the waste? what do i say? "uh well how do i say this, i'm not really from around here so." i laugh awkwardly and twist the amethyst ring on my finger. he looks at me curiously and cocks his head.
"oh so where do you live?"
"the wastes." i spit out. better to get it done and over with.
"hmm. well if you think you'll be ok i'll leave then." this guys insistent then is ready to just let it go.
"m'kay. see you." i turn to walk away but remember i never got his name.
"hey what's-" but by the time i turn around he's gone. i sigh and walk quickly to the main road to start my journey home.
—~—
"As i'm home and i got you seaweed!" i yell while throwing it at his bowl. he screeches but still allows it to fall into his bowl.
"what happened to you? you stink!"  if he had a nose i'd imagine he would be scrunching it.
"oh nothing, just the witch of the wastes trying to find me again!"
"whats new. she needs a hobby." i snort and walk to my bedroom. the witch had hunted me for quite a long time before giving up but now i guess she's back. i freshen up then flop into my bed and thoughts about that mysterious man that helped me today pop up in my mind.
who could he have been?
did i know him?
does he know me?
will i see him again?
honestly, i hope i do.
—~—
"SAGE"
"SAGE GET UP YOU LAZY WITCH!"
gasping i sit up in bed.
"SAGE GET DOWN-"
"IM COMING SHUT UP YOU STUPID PUDDLE!" what could he want this early in the morning?
i yawn as i walk down the stairs and i'm greeted by a panicked Asmonia.
"what's the matter with you?" i'm a bit concerned he never acts like this.
"you need to hurry! there's a battle ship outside!"
"ok and? it's not doing anything?"
"you idiot, it's heading to the town! with a load of bombs!" he screeches the last part at me.
"oh. OH. OH NO GOTTA GO!" i quickly grab my cloak, cast a invisibility spell and sprint out of the house. the second i get out the sound of a warship fill my ears . i take a deep breath, transform my wings, and i'm off into the skies.

(650 words! i wrote this at 1 am so sorry if it's a bit mid. <3)