chapter 5

i laugh as we sprint around another corner barely dodging a soldier. i look back at that mysterious man and his eyes are wide but a grin is plastered onto his charming face. i continue running towards the door leading out to the balcony i came in on.
"hey you can still turn into that bird thing right!?" i yell back at the man.
"yeah but what about you!?" he's calm now and still gripping my hand.
"don't worry about it!" i grin again running straight to the door. i forgot i don't know his name yet.
"hey you never told me your name!" we're about 10 feet away from
the door now quickly closing in on it.
"my name is-" we burst through the door and jump over the rails.
"my name is howl!"
— ~ —
what.
no.
no no no no no.
it can't be him.
i yell out the spell summoning my wings, and quickly spread them as he turns into his creature. i turn to him as i flap my wings to stay upright.
"y-you're howl?!" my ears are ringing and i'm finding it really hard to concentrate.
"yeah i am? what does it mean to you?!"
it's hard to hear over the wind so we have to yell.
does he even remember me?
"do you re-" i cry out in pain as a arrow grazes my side. i spin around to face the ship as i fall a few feet and see more soldiers ready to fire at us. i look down and see a very deep cut on my left side oozing blood.
"are you alright?!" howls now next to me staring at my side as well.
"i think so. it's only a scratch!" i give him a very fake smile.
another flash of pain surges through my stomach and wing. and i feel myself start to fall. i look up and see howl yell something and come diving towards me. but out of the corner of my eye i see a flash and suddenly howls not there and instead he's soaring to my left being tackled by a strange creature.
i'm going to die.
the thought courses through my brain to the point i can't think. i look back to howl and he's still being harassed by that strange flying creature. he thrusts a hand out toward me and i see his lips move.
then it goes black.
— ~ —
i wake up back in my bed from school. without another thought i slip into a beautiful dress. it starts off as black at the very bottom but slowly fades up into a  very nice light purple color to compliment my green eyes. the sleeves are a thin white material with little sparkling swirls on them. i walk down to the massive ball room thats going to be hosting the graduation for the kids a year above me. i walk in and immediately scan the room for howl, spotting him staring sadly at a glass of juice. or wine. you never know with him.
a small smile creeps on my face as i walk to him. sitting in the chair next to him, he quickly puts on that charming smile i've come to know well.
"you look...amazing." he smiles even bigger and i roll my eyes as a blush settles over my face.
"shut up. you look good as well." he laughs and i can't help but join.
he leans toward me as i laugh and i feel butterflies erupt in my stomach.
"howl?" my voice is barely audible.
"wake up."

590 words
first interesting chapter! sorry if it moved too fast.
got some good stuff planed for the next couple chapters!
make sure you eat something and take care of yourself <3