4. A KISS.

Let's meet keh? Ah, how, where, when, why?

The next thing I heard was my mother's footsteps. Brother Timi had opened the door for her.

I quickly hid my phone inside my bag as she barged in, folding her arms.

"Jumoke! Jumoke! Jumoke!"

She was visibly angry.

"Mom, I.."

"How many times did I call you?"

"I'm sorry, I was.."

"Answer my question."

"Three times ma."

"This is your last warning, Jumoke."

"What did she even come and do in the room that she had to leave her food in the kitchen without covering it?" I heard Brother Timi say from the sitting room.

I frowned my face.

You'll be talking sides with mom every time.

"Anyway, is your Dad back?"
Mom questioned, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"No."

"Okay. Any food?"

"Brother Timi cooked beans."

"Bring mine, with a cup of Garri."

I heaved a sigh of relief as she walked out of my room.

After serving her, I went back to my room and re-read Alex's message.

Why are you so anxious Jummy? He obviously wants to talk about the project and that's all. Stop imagining things!

I replied to his text

"Where and When?"

His reply was faster than I imagined.

"School, Of course. Come with your Biology Textbook if you have one."

I said it!

"I have one, I'll check for it. Where in school and when?"

"8 am, ENT Hall."

"That early?"

"I have other things to do."

"Fine, I'll be there."

Oh my God, I'm going to see my crush tomorrow! What should I wear?

I opened my small wardrobe and took a long glance at my clothes. My mom detested trousers so I had more skirts, gowns, and Blouses.

The only trousers I had was given to me by Enny when I last visited her. It was a pair of blue jeans.

I can't go to Alex looking like a church woman! I need to look hot.

My mom always said trousers were sexually provocative but I knew she only didn't want me to reveal my body a little too much, especially my hips.

Even though I was thin, I had a thick, curvy waist that whistled down from my bust. However, the oversized skirts and gowns that I always wore hid them from the whole world except Enny, my bestie.

When Enny gave me the trousers, I rejected it at first but after much persuasion, I collected it. Now, I was grateful I collected it.

The only problem I had was how to wear them without my mom's knowledge. Brother Timi could keep a little secret and my busy Dad didn't have time to check out whatever we wore.

I brought out the trousers, admired it a little, and folded it neatly under my pillow.

What blouse should I wear on it?