7. KAY AND LEX.

"How did it go? Have you given him?" Enny asked as I approached her.

"Yes, let's...run!" I screamed.

I held her hands and we ran till we were out of sight.

"Why did we run?"
Enny panted heavily.

"That's what you get for forcing me to talk to Alex."

"At least you're becoming bolder by a dozen."

"Where'd you hear that one from again now?"

We had started walking to the University gate.

"You don't need to know oooo!"

"So tomorrow is your birthday. Wow."

She giggled.
"You can tell your mom and dad too."

"Mom doesn't even have time for parties, and Dad that could be free a little.. they've started Exams in the school he works"

"Oh, so he'll be there to supervise."

I nodded.
"Brother Timi is the only one that I can ascertain his presence."

"That would be fun. Better dress well o, don't wear those oversized clothes to my party!" She cackled.

"I have an issue o, the only trousers I have; the one you gave me, I wore it yesterday to school."

"Oh, was that what you wore?"

"Yes."

"Don't worry, I've got you. Just come to me after class tomorrow. Let the birthday girl be your Stylist and Beautician!"

"Aww!" I squealed.

"In return, you'll teach me whatever you guys are taught tomorrow.
I won't be able to come for lectures because of preparations."

"That's fine, and you are not even supposed to show your face to anyone before the party. Don't worry, I got you too!"

"You're suddenly sounding like a nice person." Enny snickered.

"So how many people did you invite?"

"As at yesterday, the number of people I invited was 34; including relatives, cousins, and neighborhood friends."

"Wow."

"Then after inviting 15 MCB students and 8 of my BCH friends.."

"That's 23."

"Yes, adding Kay."

"24."

"Plus the 34 already existing. I invited a total of 58 people. Mind you, I didn't count you and your brother! And my siblings too o. So it's more than that."

"That's a lot."

"As it should be. I can't wait!" She cried out.

Birthdays weren't a big deal in my family. After greeting the celebrant "Happy Birthday," we retire back to whatever we were doing.

"Kayode seems like a nice person. I like his personality." Enny uttered as we walked past buildings that led to the gate.

"It's normal for guys to act nice to girls they just met," I responded.

"I know. This one is different. I could see the sincerity in his heart."

"Pele o, heart seer," I grumbled.

I could hear her sigh.

"The fact that you like Alex doesn't mean you should hate other guys."

We stopped walking. We had passed the gate and reached the main road.