07

The group made their way outside the front of the hospital and Luci noticed a sparking power line in front of Kira's face. The line suddenly gained a mind of its own. It went after her and she walked backwards. An ambulance appeared, speeding around the corner, and right into the electric line. The driver started losing control and ran into a fire hydrant. Water started spouting from it. Allison and Isaac showed up and she went to help the driver and Isaac pushed her away.

Isaac started convulsing and Luci ran to help him.

Kira somersaulted over a car and grabbed the wire before it could hurt anyone else. She covered the sparking end with her free hand and her eyes started glowing an amber color. Her mom appeared.

"Come on, Isaac. Breathe. You gotta breathe," Luci told the werewolf, starting CPR. She groaned softly as she said, "Father, don't let this boy die."

Isaac was taken in on a gurney a short while later. While standing away from everyone, she heard Deputy Parrish mention that Stiles' Jeep was seen leaving the hospital.

Derek and Scott walked up to Luci. "You have to tell Stilinski. You have to tell him what's really wrong with Stiles."

Luci scoffed lightly. "The sheriff barely trusts me. Why do I have to tell him?"

"I didn't necessarily say you. But you're blunt enough that he may listen."

Luci nodded. "Fine."

Scott and Luci met up with the sheriff and Scott asked, "Any news?"

The sheriff shook his head. "They're still looking for him. It's past the 48-hour mark, but I guess if anyone's going to be missing for two days and turn up just fine, it's Stiles."

"And Isaac?" Luci asked.

Sheriff glanced at her. "Maybe we should go by the hospital before the school."

"Sheriff?" Deputy Parrish called.

"Yeah."

"He just needs your signature. It's just printer cartridges and stuff."

Luci looked between the group. "I want to check on that boy."

---

As soon as Luci arrived, she asked Allison, "How long have you been here?"

Allison met her eyes with a tired smile. "I've been here all night. They won't let me see him because I'm not family. I told them he doesn't have any. Why are you here?"

"Isaac has no parents. I wanted to make sure he's okay."

Melissa joined them and smiled. "He's got us. And I've got a key card. Be quick."

They walked into Isaac's room and Allison glanced at Luci worriedly. "I thought he'd be healing by now."

Scott frowned. "So did I."

"Is he in pain?"

Scott took Isaac's hand and gave them a nod. Black veins crawled up his and he let out a gasp. "It won't heal him, but it helps with the pain."

Allison's voice took on an angry tone. "Did Stiles really do this?"

Luci shook her head. "No. But there is something dark inside him that did this."

Allison nodded. "Well, then, how do we get whatever's inside of him the hell out of him?"

Scott and Luci shared a look and he said, "We're working on it."

Something caught the attention of the werewolves and Ethan asked, "Did you guys hear that?"

"It's an emitter," Scott realized. "One of Argent's."