23

As soon as they arrived, Liam and Stiles met up with Luci at the lacrosse field.

"What?" Luci asked, seeing their panicked expressions.

Liam met her eyes. "Have you heard from Scott today?"

Stiles nodded. "Everything's fine. I got a text from him this morning and he said he might be a little late."

"Well, how late is late? Is he always late?"

Trying to calm Liam down, Luci said, "He'll be here. You're playing Devenford Prep, right?"

Liam nodded. "This time, it's an actual game."

"You can beat them."

Liam grew more and more worried by the minute. "He shouldn't be late."

"Who shouldn't be late?" Coach asked as he passed them.

Stiles gave him a small smile. "Scott and Kira are going to be slightly late."

Coach narrowed his eyes at them. "Slightly... Slightly is still late. What are they doing?"

"They're doing something that's going to make them late."

"What could Scott and Kira be doing right now that's more important than playing in the first game?"

Their expressions became pained as Stiles shook his head. "Oh, Coach."

Luci smirked. "Who knew your coach could make a reference like that! Bloody hell, that was something!"

Stiles opened his mouth to say something else, then said, "Scott wouldn't miss the first game. He'll be here. Trust me."

Coach glared at him. "I'll hold you to that."

They walked out to the field and Liam said, "He's not gonna make it, is he?"

Stiles shook his head. "Probably not."

Time passed and Liam looked around. "They're still not here."

Stiles turned to him. "Okay, what's really going on? Are you nervous about the full moon? It's not for another 24 hours." Liam glanced up at the sky and nodded.

Luci glanced at the beta. "You'll be all right. Just try not to wolf out on anyone."

Liam saw the calm expressions Stiles and Luci had and frowned. "You two aren't worried?"

Stiles finished lacing his gear as he said, "Okay, we're mildly concerned. Mildly."

Liam let out a groan. "We're gonna lose without him."

Stiles shook his head. "No we're not. We can be just as good as Scott. I've been practicing. Let me tell you something. I'm getting good. Really good."

Luci scoffed lightly and Stiles shot her a look. "I'm glad you have so much faith in me."

She put on a smile. "Kick their little preppy asses."

"I will. We will."

The boys walked onto the field and as soon as the game began, Stiles showed himself to be a complete disaster, as usual. The ball hit him in the head and he tripped over his feet. Coach made his way over to Luci. "What is he doing?"

Luci shrugged. "He's trying to play lacrosse."

"Where's McCall?"

"If I knew, I'd tell you."

Coach made his way back to the bench and Luci turned back to the field. The score was 0-4, in favor of Devenford.

The first quarter ended and Stiles sighed. "All right. Neither of them are answering. Tabi? Are you having any luck?"

Luci shook her head as Liam stood. Liam began protesting. "You're leaving? What are you going to tell Coach?"

"You'll figure it out. Just don't give anything away. You're a great lacrosse player, so play lacrosse."

Stiles and Luci made their way to his dad and her mom and Malia appeared. "Want me to stay here if here if he shows up?"

"Yes," Stiles and Luci answered.

They headed to the station and rejoined Stiles' dad.

Luci clapped her hands together as she said, "Okay, this is gonna sound kind of crazy, but hear me out. Scott and Kira texted us saying they'd be a little late. But that was hours ago, and we haven't heard from them since. Stiles and I tried calling them all day, but we've only gotten their voicemails. Something isn't adding up and we have to find them."

Sheriff Stilinski stood. "Then let's find them."

They made their way to Derek's loft and it looked like someone broke in.

Luci knelt down and picked up a piece of glass. "What happened here?"

He glanced down at her and said, "It was supposed to be a date. He asked if he could use the loft for the date."

"So they were both here?" the sheriff questioned.

Braeden nodded. "And they're both gone."

Stiles' phone rang, and he answered it. "Hi."

"Scott's been taken," Lydia informed.

Luci nodded. "Not just Scott. Kira as well."

Stiles frowned. "We're just not sure where."

Deaton looked at them. "Your friend already knows."

"Mexico," Lydia said, glancing between the group.

"And if you want to save his life, that's where you're going too."