Chapter Six~The Descent Into Hell Isn't Easy

Lottie's POV:
As soon as we arrived in the City of Bones, also known as the Silent City, I got creeped out. I'm not scared, it's just this place gives me the creeps.

"Yeah," Simon scoffed. "this place isn't creepy at all."

Izzy found that highly amusing, "Don't tell me you're afraid."

Simon scoffed again, "Are you kidding me? I was born afraid... which sounded a lot better in my head."

Alec rolled his eyes, "Let's check it out." And walked off a bit in front.

Jace, Izzy and I followed him and Clary tried to follow us but Jace stopped her, "Wait here a minute. I wanna see if it's safe." Finally, the first smart thing he's done tonight.

"Hey," Alec started on Jace. "If something goes wrong... if something happens to her, it's on us. You know that don't you?"

"Yeah." Jace answered. "And you know exactly what'd happen if Valentine gets the Cup before we do." He told Alec. "She's lost everything, Alec."

"Yeah, so have I." I reminded Jace.

"Sorry." He muttered to me. "I know exactly how that feels." He went back to his point. "What's your problem with her, anyway? You don't seem to have a problem with Lottie. And your family always used to welcome strays."

"You were never a stray." Alec firmly told Jace, leaving no room for argument. "And Lottie isn't self-centred or annoying for that matter."

"The point is, nothing's changed. We're in this fight together. There's just..." Jace looked at me as he said it. "two more of us." We listened in on a bit of Clary and Simon's conversation until Jace interrupted them, "Clary. Come on, it's all clear."

"Let's go." She told Simon and walked over to Jace, taking hold of his outstretched hand. We all walked to the entrance and had a little... chat I guess.

"Clary. You have to understand the Silent Brothers aren't like us." Jace educated Clary.

"They lack your charm and superior people skills?" Clary joked, not taking it seriously at all when she really needed to.

"Yeah, most people do." Jace bit back. "The Brothers communicate without using words, using just their thoughts."

"That doesn't sound so bad." Clary still didn't understand why they're so bad.

"Don't let their silence fool you." Jace warned her. "They'll hold the Soul-Sword to your head, and with its blade, carve the truth from your mind. If you're not strong enough, you will die."

"I take it back." Finally. She understands the seriousness. "That sounds level ten bad."

"Clary," Jace turned back to her and stopped her from walking. "you should know, the pain will be excruciating. You don't have to—"

"I'll do anything." She cut him off. "Walk through fire, battle demons, whatever it takes. I have to get my mum back." And mum would do exactly the same for Clary and the exact opposite for me. "I can't... I won't loose her."

"You won't." Jace said. "We won't." They then carried on walking.

Clary sighed when we got to the entrance, "I can do this."

"Yeah, you can." Simon tried to hype her up. "You're Clary freakin' Fray. You can do anything." Simon then tried to walk into the Silent Brothers entrance thing.

"All right. Hold up." Jace stopped him.

"Surprise, surprise. No mundane's allowed, just like in the training room, right?" Simon rhetorically asked. "Wrong! I've seen every horror movie ever made and the funny best friend who gets left behind... dead man."