Chapter Three~The New York Institute

2 days later at the institute
Lottie's POV:

Over the past two days, whilst I have been waiting for Clary to wake up, I have been very busy. I have got very close to Alec, Izzy and Jace. I gained Hodge's trust by going on a few missions with the trio. I remember the day I met Hodge. Huh, that was fun.

Flashback

Walking into the institute with two girls, especially an unconscious one, definitely caused a crowd in the tech room.

"As much as I'd love to be introduced to everyone, Izzy, but my sister is currently in need of the infirmary so can we leave the introductions for later please?" I asked when Izzy stopped and turned to me. She nodded.

When we were on the way to the infirmary, I heard footsteps coming from behind us so I turned around to someone trying to punch me. I caught their hand, then realized it was mum's old friend from when she was part of The Circle, Hodge.

"Hodge?!" I exclaimed, shocked.

"Ah, so you remember me. Good." He replied, then proceeded to attack me until I pinned him to the floor using my mums special move.

"I see Jocelyn's been training you."

"Yeah, she has. Also, WHY THE HELL ARE YOU ATTACKING ME?!"

"Well, I don't trust very easily, and seeing as you spent 4 years with Valentine, how do I know I can trust you?"

"WOW! You're asking if you can trust me? I should be the one asking you not the other way round. I only spent 4 years with the monster, you were part of his inner circle. So don't ask me about trust. However, I will earn your trust by doing whatever will help the Institute."

"Uh, is everything alright here?" I heard Izzy ask. It was then that I realized that I was still pinning him to the ground. I let go and faced Izzy,

"Yeah, everything's fine, except for the fact that Hodge doesn't trust me, and decided to attack me for it. I'm fine though, thanks for asking. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to check on my sister." I pushed past Izzy and went to the infirmary.

End of Flashback

Ever since then, I have been trying to prove myself to him. I gained his trust on our last mission.

I was currently sitting next to Clary's bed, in the infirmary talking to Izzy, waiting for her to wake up.

"Izzy?" She nodded, "When do you think Clary will wake up?" I asked her sadly.

She looked at me with pity in her eyes and replied, "I have no idea, hopefully today."

When she said this, I noticed Clary touch her necklace before it started glowing. When Clary's necklace started glowing, so did my ring. Soon enough, I was pulled into a vision.

Mum was floating in the air with something glowing around her. I knew immediately this was from the potion she had.

She was floating in front of a man who I knew to be Valentine! That's impossible. He's supposed to be dead!

He leaned over mum and drew the symbol every Circle member has on the base of their necks and whispered to her,

"You're back with me now Jocelyn."

I've gotta give it to the man, he does love mum very much, despite being a mad murderer. I watched as mum groaned in pain before being pulled out of the vision.