Hell

As Hyun-Su sprinted down the hall with the clown in hot pursuit, he prayed to Jae-Heon's god for this to work. A bottle smashed by his feet, pink gas filling his lungs before he could outrun it. The burning in his chest caused him to yell out in pain. He staggered but kept up his pace. He wouldn't let them down.

The clown was furious with him, whether it was for his little stunt with the bottle earlier or just for making him run this long, he was unsure. It really could have been either or. But he was definitely pissed with him if the constant grumbling and string of expletives leaving his red painted lips were anything to go by. Thankfully he didn't seem to have any idea that he was being lured anywhere. The plan would only work if he could be taken by surprise,

That's if it even worked at all.

Hyun-Su's calves burned and his vision swirled, if it weren't for his curse he would have dropped by now. Adrenaline kept him moving, always just out of reach. The clown slashed at his back with his knife, he could feel the cold blade snagging against his already torn up sweater.

This had to work.

Finally he reached the room he had spent the last ten minutes or so trying to lure the killer to. He made a beeline for it, taking a sharp turn to dodge another slash. The clown groaned in frustration and followed him right where he wanted him.

The room had two doors and was big enough for a confrontation like this, the pile of desks could work as an impromptu trap or a hiding spot. One of the strange meat hook contraptions loomed in the corner.

The clown laughed cruelly as he walked closer to Hyun-Su, "Nowhere to go, huh? What'cha gonna do now, kid?"

Without exposing his back or even taking his eyes off the killer, Hyun-Su reached behind him and retrieved his baton from the shelf behind him where he'd stashed it previously. It felt reassuring to have it back. He hadn't wanted to leave it behind in the first place but the chance of the clown figuring out he was preparing a trap was too great. Hyun-Su raised his weapon as a clear warning.

"Ha! Really, that little thing? What's that gonna do?" Laughter turned into a hacking coughing fit, making the teenager wince.

Hyun-Su refused to admit he was intimidated in the slightest. He had faced literal monsters and survived injuries that in normal circumstances would be fatal. Clowns were not scary!

From around the clown's massive form, he could see Eun-Hyuk slowly crouching away from his hiding spot behind some desks by the door, clutching the glass bottle in his hand. He quickly looked away to avoid giving away his position.

The clown was descending upon Hyun-Su, eyes filled with predatory malice, taking his leisurely time now that his victim was cornered, then a glass bottle soared through the air and smashed into the back of his head. The force was enough to make him stumble, almost falling on top of Hyun-Su, as pink mist filled the room.

Everything all happened so fast after that.

The clown recovered a lot faster than they could have anticipated. Hyun-Su lunged at him with his baton, aiming for his head, but was caught by surprise when the clown dodged his attack. Hyun-Su gasped, trying to catch himself from falling. His entire world went black for a moment when a bottle was cracked over his skull. He dropped to the floor, blood running down his forehead and onto the floor.

Eun-Hyuk swore under his breath. Before he could move to help his fallen friend or even move, one of the clown's beefy hands grabbed ahold of his shoulder, completely dwarfing him in size. Using his shoulder as leverage to pull him even closer, the clown plunged the knife deep into his abdomen.

He didn't feel it. If he didn't witness the blade disappearing into his stomach then he wouldn't have even known. As a medical student he knew that adrenaline often numbed pain in situations like this. But that didn't comfort him at all as the knife was ripped out of his body, covered in blood.