Sweet Dreams

Third Person Narrative

Y/N walked around with Ian, as he showed her the architect of his estate. She pretended to be interested in what she was showing him as she listened to her team discussing the nature of her mission. She tapped her fingers against her leg, in boredom, grinding her teeth in her mouth.

"But that's all of the outside I can show you." Smirked Quinn, "There's more to see inside."

"I'll meet you there." She pretended to smirk, "Let me just grab some more champagne."

She walked away from him to grab more champagne but to also to talk into her comm.

"Skye" She spoke through the comms, "Quinn is taking me inside, keep alert."

"Will do." Skye responded.

She grabbed two glasses of champagne, making her way inside to find Quinn. She walked around for a while, the estate was big and hard to find someone like a needle in a haystack. She turned the corner and there he was, he looked as if he was waiting for her.

"There you are." She said seductively.

"Here I am." He replied.

She walked up to him putting her hand on his shoulder. She moved it back and forth a little.

"Thanks for the invitation." She continued.

As she peered over his shoulder she could hear the echoes of footsteps approaching. The tapping of heels hitting the marble floor, getting louder and louder. She looked as Skye turned the corner approaching the room she was in. Skye saw her and tried to back away, moving her feet slowly. Y/N panicked, it was obvious Quinn heard that too, his head beginning to turn. In her state of panic she grabbed his face, sweets dreams would have to come in handy now. She put her lips on his in a rush, pressing the lipstick to smudge on his lips, so he could inhale the fumes that would make him pass out. She let go of his face, faking a smile again, but yet he wasn't going down. She looked at him now with a confused face.

"What's wrong?" Quinn asked her.

"N-Nothing." She cleared her throat, before grabbing his face again.

She thought maybe if she kissed him again it could activate the ruby red but no luck again. Instead she began to feel drowsy, her eyes getting a little blurry. Her head began to get heavy, and her breathing got slower.

"Are you feeling okay?" Quinn asked again.

"Yeah, just feeling a little dizzy." She replied, now losing her balance.

"Oh that's probably from the tranquilizer I injected into your leg." He replied calmly.

She was so caught up in distracting him she didn't even feel the needle go into her leg. Her vision was more blurry but she looked down to see the silhouette of the needle in her thigh. She fell a little forward, Quinn continued to keep her up.

"You think I didn't know why you were here." Quinn laughed, "You're hot, but I'm not incompetent. The one time you come to this event, the timing of it all."

"Why play along?" She groaned trying to stay awake.

"See how far you would go." He replied teasingly.

She used all the strength she had left, right hooking him in the face. Her vision was still fuzzy, but she could see the red coming from his nose. She smiled, she knew it hurt him as he was now trying to adjust.

"Bitch!" He yelled.

"Dick." She breathed as her vision went dark.

She wasn't sure how long she was out, but it couldn't have been too long. As she came back into consciousness slowly she could hear voices, beating in her ear. Her head was pounding, ringing in her ears.

"And what about Agent Y/L/N?" Asked Quinn, "She's not a part of your plan."

"No." Replied Skye, "I guess she's just collateral damage."

"Are there any others here?" Questioned Quinn.

"Just the two girls." Skye lied.

As her thoughts became more organized again, she could hear the voices of her peers in the comms. The overlapping "Y/N!" Or the "Do you copy?" She pretended to still be asleep, even if she didn't her body still felt a little numb. She heard the clicking of plastic, the opening and closing of the lid. Y/N hoped it was the makeshift computer taper/compact powder. When she saw it she felt like it was straight out of a spy movie. A couple of Quinn's bodyguards' footsteps were treated rapidly.

"Sir, we've been breached." One of them said frantically, "It's SHIELD."

"Wow, that was really easy." Laughed Skye.

"I offer you a position on my team and you betray me?" Quinn yelled

Y/N opened her eyes now, Quinn wasn't looking anymore, but he was pointing a gun at Skye. Using her new skills she learned Y/N saw Skye maneuver the gun out of Quinn's hand now pointing it at him. Y/N put her hand on her thigh, tracing up her dress to the holster she had. She pulled out her gun, getting ready to bust her way out of this nightmare.

"You got the gun, but do you have the guts to pull the trigger?" Laughed Quinn.

"Nope." Skye replied, jumping out of the window into the pool.

Y/N cocked the gun pointing it at one of Quinn's feet. Wound, not kill.

"But I do." She smirked, shooting him in the foot.

She was grabbed behind by one of the bodyguards. She used the back of her head hitting him in the nose, breaking it nevertheless. She maneuvered the grip off of her, fighting the two of his bodyguards as Quinn was whining on the floor. She had knocked both of them out and she sat to catch her breath. The after effects of the tranquilizer were hitting her more than she wanted.

"Thanks for the invitation." She said snarkily looking at Quinn.

She followed after Skye, jumping out of the window into the pool. She landed and emerged from the pool climbing out from the side. The after effects were very great now, her head began to hurt again. Y/N rubbed her temples trying to adjust to the impact.

"I can't stand up." She groaned in the comms, "I'm down."

"Where are you?" Coulson replied through the comms.

"Beside the pool." She whispered.

"Stand by." Coulson assured.

"Not an option." She replied worried, "I'm surrounded."