Betrayal

***

"If you're not doing this then who is?" Y/N asked pleadingly to her friend.

"I don't know, I swear," May replied, trying to convince everyone.

"Drop the damn weapon, and kick it over to the stairs, May," Coulson interrupted, "Now!" May listened hesitantly, dropping her ICER and kicking it over, "Now back the hell up. Over there." Coulson instructed using his gun to point where she should go.

Y/N went in front of her, meeting her dad as he came down the stairs. She looked behind her to see Skye now with Fitz behind the damaged glass doors.

"Talk. Tell us where you rerouted the plane," Coulson said more calmly, a stern face however still on his face.

"I didn't set this new course, I swear!" May yelled, tired of the disbelief.

"Don't lie to me!" Coulson scorched back.

"The plane just turned around for god's sake!" Fitz shouted from behind.

She looked at her friend with an inch of hope this was all a lie, "How is this happening then? May, please."

"HQ can override automated control of the avionics," May explained, "Take us anywhere they want," She looked over to Coulson, "Let me check the instrument panel and I'll be able to"

"No way!" Skye disagreed, crossing her arms.

"You're not going anywhere till you explain what," Coulson spoke.

"It's not me!" May screeched, shaking her head.

"Why did you have an encrypted hardline?" Y/N asked with a frown.

"And tried to shoot me when we found it!" Fitz muttered loudly.

"Let's take a breath," May suggested.

Coulson scoffed, "Let's not!"

She backed up as Coulson inched closer with his gun, "It was a dedicated channel to Director Fury. That's the truth."

"Director Fury?" Y/N said with a gasp.

Coulson looked confused, "I haven't been able to get him on the line for weeks."

Skye interrupted again from behind, "You were reporting to him?"

May shook her head, "That's all I can tell you."

Fitz paced around behind, "Oh, just come out with it!"

"That's all you can tell us?" Y/N said with frustration, now lacing her voice, "May I'm trying hard to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you're giving us nothing!"

"I'm under orders!" She tried to reason back, "Fury will tell you."

"What was this an order?" Fitz asked, pointing to the damaged glass pane, "To shoot me in the bloody head?"

"Hold on," Coulson said in thought, "We're not headed to Fury anymore."

"I don't know where we are headed," May reiterated, "And I can't contact Fury, because Fitz cut the line!"

"Skye told me to!" Fitz rebutted.

Skye sighed, "Someone was talking to the Clairvoyant, the real Clairvoyant."

"You are in the walls, Fitz" May snarked, "You wanna explain why you were tampering with the plane's sat cables?"

Fitz put his hands on his hips, "Sure, because that's relevant. Don't try and turn this around on me!"

Coulson held his gun still at May, but turned his head to look at Fitz, "Fitz..."

Fitz sighed, "I was trying to speak to Simmons at the hub."