Chapter 4:Fillers come before the action

With the dragon gone the JSDF had free way to return with the refugees. Before leaving Kumagawa has collected a few packs of the dragon's scales, he has a felling they can be selled at a high price in this world.

Youji looked back at the other in his track to see what they were doing. His team was watching the children play around while Kumagawa was actually playing on a PSP4 and Rory was sitting by his side and watched him play.

Youji:Wait...is that the new Persona!?

Kumagawa:[Hm? Yes, it is.]

Youji:Dude, I'm trying to get it for a entire week and had no luck! How did you manage?

Kumagawa:[I have my ways.]

Shino:We're here!

Kumagawa looked outside at the camp. Although it had various facilities laying around it looked yo not be quiet down yet, bulldozers were still changing the terrain around for expansion.

To the minus's delight the camp was quiet luxurious all things considered, not what you'd expect from your everyday military camp. They even had hot springs.

As tgey got out of the trucks and carriages Kumagawa observed everyone's reactions. Out of everyone Lelei looked to be the most interesed in the camp of the JSDF. She was inspecting the machinery with great fascination.

They were soon lead to a table full of different dishes. Youji was trying to explain to them that it was food with great strugles. They had a basic understanding of the language put into a manual but pronunction was a different matter all together.

Kumagawa:[He's saying to take breakfast.]

The native people of this world made a "Ohhh" face and began eating, being delighted at the taste of the modern day food. Lelei even got to observe the tradition of Japanese of thinking the gods for the meal and imitated it.

Youji:Phew, thanks for that, man. I should make you my translator.

Kumagawa:[That's alright, I'm not planning on leaving anytime soon.]

Shino:You're still considered a civillian, though. What are you gonna do if the higher ups are gonna try to take you back home?

Kumagawa:[Oh, I'm gonna kill them.]

The two soldiers stared at the minus. They don't know what's scarrier, the fact that he proclaimed he was gonna kill high ranking militar officers of his own country if they try to make things not go the way he wants them to or the fact that from the brief time they encountered him they already knew he'd actually do it.

Shino:...Yep, we're fucked.

After the meal Kumagawa, Youji, Rory, Tuka and Lelei went to take a bath at the hot springs. Of course, they went to the baths of their respective genders.

There were several baths that were separated by gender. Like fate itself dictated it Rory together with Tuka and Lelei ended up in the same bath.

Lelei:This is nice. Have you ever been in something like this, Apostle-sama?

Rory:You can call me Rory. The temple of Emroy has quiet a nice bath, but as the Apostle of Emroy I need to travel around most of the time so I rarely get to use it. This fells quiet luxurious, to be honest.

Lelei:I see. Kumagawa said that this is called a hot spring and it's something asimilated with their country, Japan. Although he also mentioned there being much more countries.

Rory:Kumagawa? Oh, are you talking about the smiling man?

Lelei:Yes. There's a new world out there that can be explored.

Tuka:Did fa...mister Kumagawa say anything else about it?

Lelei:Well, I did ask what he thinks it'd be the most interesting location to visit and he answered a place called the Shiranui Village without hesitation...although he said that if we did visit no one should challenge a big purple skinned man with horns at a fight.

Rory:Sounds like a unique and dangerous place. In contrast, this would only make you want to visit it more.

On one of the men's hot springs Youji crashed in the bathtub with a satisfied sigh. He opened his eyes when he heard a cough trying to gather his attention and widened his eyes when he saw Kumagawa was also in the bathtub. He uncounsciously blushed when he saw the King of Minuses's pale, muscular and feminine-looking body and than cringed at his own gestire when he remembered the powerhouse in front of him was actually a man.

Youji:Woah, sorry for that! I haven't noticed you.

Kumagawa:[Ah, that happens quiet often. I guess it can't be helped when I'm surpresing my presence so much.]

Youji:Why are you doing that? Wouldn't it be easier for people to notice you if you didn't?

Kumagawa:[Well, you see...]

Youji froze in fear, unable to move. What he saw in front of him wasn't a tennage boy, but darkness shaped in the form of a human. The single feature of the being in front of him that he could see was a big white smile and two white holes staring at his very soul with complete desinteres.

Try as he might, he couldn't call it human. If he was asked too compare it to something the closest thing the soldier could say would be something made by H.P Lovecraft. Fortunately, things came abck to normal not a second after.

Youji:Woah...you can manipulate shadows too?

Kumagawa:[Nope. Well, yes, but that wasn't it. What you saw was a part of my presence, you can call it aura if you want. It's good for intimidation but it's so dark and sinister that it actually makes the people who look at me to hallucinate.]

Youji:Ah, that'd be a real problem if you try to talk with someone. Listen, I know it's rude to ask...bit are there other people like you.

Kumagawa:[Hm? Well, there are many abnormals although very few are exactly on my level.]

Youji:Abnormals?

Kumagawa:[Yeah. How to explain...do you know of people with extraordinare talent that you'd think can be called true geniuses?]

Youji:Yeah. Are those people abnormals.

Kumagawa:[Nope, abnormals are a step above. Most of them end up as succesful people. Now that I think about it, if I do have problem with your bosses I could just give a call to Myouri-chan or Medaka-chan.]

Youji:Wait, those names...you mean Unzen Myouri and Kurokami Medaka!?

Kumagawa:[Yeah, why do you sound so surprised.]

How could he not, he's talking about pretty much one of the most important people in the Special Defense and the leader of the most influencial family in the entire world. Yet, he treats it as nothing special. Wait...

Youji:Kumagawa-kun, exactly how old are you?

Kumagawa:[Hm? I'm twenty seven, why?]

Youji:Eeeeeeh!?

To say the least Youji was surprised. He'd have thought the man before him was at least a decade younger. Is this another perk of being one of those abnormals?

Youji:You're just full of surprises, huh?

Kumagawa:[Hmmm.]

Kumagawa hummed in a relaxed manner. He didn't think he'd have such a calm and relaxing conversation with a normal of all people. He didn't do this from...well, from Zenkichi.

Kumagawa:[I'm really surprised with Myouri-chan, though.]

Youji:I'd think so, not anyone can climb up at such a height in the Japanese Defense Forces.

Kumagawa:[Ah, sure. I was actually talking about his sudden growth in height. Guess Oudo-chan can't tease him anymore.]

Youji:Hehehe, you really are a good guy.

Kumagawa:[...No, I'm not.]

Youji looked at the man before him with a perplexed face. For the first time since he meet him Kumagawa's serene smile...looked to be bitter.

Kumagawa:[I'm not.]