Part 8

A few days had passed since the party and Hunter and (Y/N) started avoiding each other ever since. Emily and Kevin grew closer and closer by the minute. (Y/N) and Emily planned on meeting at (Y/N)'s place and just chat or play some games.

Emily breathed in deeply as she rang the bell to be greeted by a rather tall man.

"Uh hello. Is (Y/N) there?", she asked shyly.

"Yeah, she's in her room. Come in." Troy walked away from her as she walked inside and closed the door. She a few pair of shoes on the floor and decided to take off her own as well.

"Where is (Y/N)'s room?", Emily asked Troy before he would disappear.

"Just go up the stairs and there's a black door with stuff on it. You'll hear music coming from it. Also, she's still a little sick so be careful."

Emily hummed and walked up the stairs in silence trying not to make any noise as she walked. She saw a black door with a lot of small pictures on it. Most of them were random guys she didn't know.

Emily sighed as she knocked on the door. "Come in", she heard from inside. She opened the door and saw (Y/N) lying on her bed, texting on her phone.

"Texting someone?", Emily asked as she put down her things and sat down on the chair next to (Y/N)'s desk.

"Yeah, but that's not important. Are you and Kevin a thing now?", (Y/N) asked as she sat up and turned to Emily.

"I guess you could say that", Emily mumbled as she smiled.

"You two look cute toge-"

"What about you and Hunter? Have you two been talking?", Emily asked a bit excited.

"Not really. You know why you're here, right?"

"Yeah. But just studying is boring", Emily whined as she threw her head back.

"Fine. What do you want to do then." Emily went on with a list of small things she wanted to do.

"Okay okay fine. But let's study first. I haven't been at school for like nearly a week and I need to keep up."

Emily nodded as they sat down on the floor and started answering questions. Maths first.

"I forgot how you do this", Emily started, "number two."

(Y/N) looked at the maths book and read the instructions. Not understanding, she read it again. And again. Then she finally understood. She explained it to Emily quickly, looking at Emily's non existing headline.

"Ohh."

"Should I do the headline for you?", (Y/N) suddenly asked, seeing that Emily often had issues with the lettering pens.

"Oh... yes, please. I can't figure out how to do it nicely. Can you just do it like you did?"

(Y/N) nodded and took out a light blue from Emily's pencil case and started lettering. HOMEWORK. Emily watched (Y/N)'s hand still a bit confused. She watched how she held the pen, the way she wrote and how she read the headline over and over again so she wouldn't forget a letter.

"Here", (Y/N) mumbled as she put the pen away, looking at what she did. "You can do the cursive yourself, right?"
Emily nodded and took out a black gel pen. It was a basic headline but (Y/N) liked it.

She went back to answering the questions from the book and sighed each time she finished one. She cracked her knuckles every time as well because she always got cramps in her hand. She was done with maths in about 15 minutes and watched Emily do the last question after she finished.