fading red ¶ chapter I

hey :D

chan's pov

I panted in the middle of the blood-hazy battlefield. "Han! Go check for survivors!" I ordered, searching around the hallway littered with bodies.

 Me and my gang, Stray Kids, had come to stop the trafficking of children in this hellhole. "Hyunjin, Changbin, Minho, you're making sure the authorities don't come. Seungmin, hack into the server. I.N, you're with me." 

Everyone ran into their ordered places, while I.N walked to my side.

"Why me, Chan?" I glanced at him. "You'll learn, Innie." I pinched his cheeks, overwhelmed by his innocence. He offered a wry smile.

I gave him a pat on the shoulder before jogging towards the nearest room. I held a hand out to I.N, signaling him to stop. 

Muffled voices flooded into my senses, and I gripped the door handle while pressing my ear to the door.

"D-don't shoot me! I'm sor-"

"No." A deeper voice responded to the pleading, and I narrowed my eyes. Nodding to I.N, I kicked down the door. 

Two faces turned toward me, and I grabbed my gun from behind my back. "Get away from him," I growled at the..boy? Why was a boy pointing a gun at a man?

"Who are you?" I demanded, aiming my gun at him. His eyes widened, and he dropped his gun. His skin glistened with sweat, and his long platinum blonde hair stuck to his forehead. 

I noticed splattered freckles painted along his button nose and cheeks plus his almond-shaped eyes. He only looked about seventeen.

"I-I-"

"I.N, take him."

"Hyung, he's just a bo-"

"Take him." I.N reluctantly strode towards the blonde, letting his emotionless mask slide on as he took a hold of the boy. I walked up to him.

"Why were you about to shoot this man?"

"He- he owns this-"

"You must own this scum, don't you?" I interrupted, relishing the flash of fear in his gaze. He shook his head frantically. "No, I swear-"

"How old are you, boy?" He gulped, sending a glance behind me. "S-seventeen..sir." I shook my head.

"Let's go I.N, we're taking him with us," I muttered, ignoring the man still on the ground. I ran down the hallways and outside of the building, disgust running through me. A seventeen-year-old in charge of a child's demise?

I pressed the com on my ear, satisfied when the rest of my members hurried out of the building. Minho looked at the boy in I.N's grip. "Who's that, a survivor?" He questioned.

"He's the owner of this place." Hyunjin cocked his head. "No way, Chan Hyung. He's way too young." The boy was still silent. Han walked up to the shaking boy, and I tensed.

Han put both of his hands on his shoulder, staring at him. "Do you own this place?" He shook his head, looking down. "Words."

"No." He muttered, still not looking at Han.

"Look at me and tell me your name." He ordered softly, and I watched as the boy finally looked up. "It's Felix. Felix Lee." He said. This was the first time he'd talked clearly. 

Han nodded. "I'm Jisung. You can call me Han. I don't think you own this place..." Han glanced over at me.

"But he does." He finished. I crossed my arms, gazing back at him.

"Let's go home."

___

felix's pov

We got into a car, and I couldn't think straight. When everyone started screaming and gunshots erupted, I thought I was getting saved. No. I got my hopes up, just to be taken to another prison. 

"Felix, are you alright?" The muscular one asked. I glared up at him. "What do you think?" I snapped.

The supposed leader looked up from the front mirror. "Be careful how you talk to my members." He snarled. I made a face at him. I hated him. How could he believe I was the owner of this place? It's quite the opposite. 

He should've listened to my explanation instead of accusing me. I hated people like him, honestly. 

"It's okay, Channie," The muscular one interrupted my spiteful thoughts.

"Where are we going?" I murmured, lightly tapping Jisung's shoulder. I had taken a liking to him, surprisingly. He was the first to believe me when I said I didn't own the place. 

Not only that, but I felt like he would be my support weight. The way he conversed with me said a lot. If I ended up staying in this..prison, he would be one of the ones I could depend on.

"Our house." He answered, sending a quick wink to me. "Soon to be yours, too."

"Don't get his hopes up, Han. We're taking him and sending him to the authorities." Chan spoke up from the driving seat.

 I huffed, sinking into the chair. "When will you realize you're acting so dumb? Accusing me of a-" I cut off when the car turned silent. Everything seemed to stop. 

Cat boy glanced back at me from the passenger seat, warning in his eyes.

Chan stopped the car, turning around in his seat. His eyes pierced into me, and I shivered at the hooded look in his eyes. "What did you call me? Dumb?" I didn't respond. "I'm the leader of the most feared gang in Seoul. Scum like you don't get to call me names." 

He scoffed, sending me a look of pure disgust before turning back to the wheel.

I looked at my hands in my lap. My fingers curled into fists, and I felt hot tears sting my eyes. It's not fair. I suffered so much. How could he say this to me? I'll make him regret it.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and glanced to see Jisung. I shrugged him off.

"Don't touch me."

notes : if you're confused chan thinks he's the owner of the trafficking house