chapter II

jisung's pov

I let my hand slip from his shoulder as he rejected my act of comfort. Oh.

Suddenly, the quietness of the car was interrupted by a screech. Chan glanced at the rear-view mirror, and scowled in annoyance. "Great."

I turned my head, and heard a whimper from Felix as I did so. "Someone's following us," He whispered.

"It's WayV. They must be here for the boy." Chan's voice rang in the confined space of the car. Minho handed an ipad over to me and Seungmin, and I nodded.

Just as I started hacking into WayV's car, something whizzed past me, followed by a shatter. "Han, Min, hurry up!" Hyunjin urged, and I rolled my eyes.

Finally, I got into the database of the limo. Voices filled the car. We were now listening on into their conversation.

"They most likely have the leader of that child trafficking business. We get him, and boom, we're rich. They won't be a problem since we have them on the authorities' blacklist."

I groaned. "Seriously? Bastards," Changbin growled.

"Now how will we turn that boy in if we're risking turning ourselves in?" Chan tightened his hand on the wheel. 'That's all you're thinking of, Chan Hyung?'

Felix scoffed. "Frick you. Are you gonna kill those people or not?" He snapped. I could tell he was trying to get on Chan's nerves but now wasn't the time. 

Another silver bullet streaked past the window as we made a sharp turn. "Shut up, Lee." Minho called from the front.

"I.N, grenade!" Our youngest shot up at the order, and I smiled at the determined light in his gaze.

He climbed onto the top of the car, (featuring a shocked Felix), and I watched him throw back his hand. 

Hyunjin steadied his legs while Changbin stared out the back window. "Now, Jeongin!" Changbin shouted as we turned a corner.

We had to lose them now, we were too close to our house.

The line from my ipad had been quiet until now. "They threw a-" I turned off my ipad to cut off their voices as an explosion cued behind us.

I smirked. "Good job, Innie," I praised as he came back inside. He snickered lightly.

Minho sighed heavily. "Should've lured them somewhere to tort-"

Felix whined loudly. "Shut your sadistic ass up, you're scaring the baby!" A whipped Hyunjin hissed.

"Baby? I just said stop getting his hopes up. Just because we can't give him to the authorities doesn't mean he's off the hook."

I looked over for the freckled blonde's reply. All he did was tuck a stray strand of hair behind his ear.

My gaze traveled down to his strawberry-tinted heart-shaped lips. I watched as they formed words inaudible to me. By his bitter expression, it couldn't be good.

When Chan has a belief, he holds onto it tightly. I just hoped he would realize Felix is innocent soon enough. We couldn't question it unless we wanted to get our asses beat. 

I for one, wouldn't want that.

felix's pov

I felt eyes on me, and I snapped my head to Jisung. "One, quit staring at me, two, who was the guy who called me..baby?"

Jisung tilted his head. "We'll do introductions inside, /baby/." I glared at him. Was he teasing?

It didn't matter. I would put up a good act only to get on their good side. Maybe then 'Chan Hyung' would find out the truth.

If his own trusted members couldn't faze him though, what or who could?

notes : minho is too much 😂