01

coffee date !

you had no choice, really

you had no choice, really. running short of money in times you needed it the most. your fridge looks so brand new, not only that it has no issues, but it also has nothing inside.

so it wasn't like you had any choice, you keep reminding yourself as you take out a deep breath and sighed, dialing the random number.

a random number you could scam.

───

" ah yeah, there would be a code sent to you in a few seconds for confirmation. just state the 4-digit code that you'll received. " you say, heart thrumming in your chest. you had no choice, you thought, not your fault, you thought.

the person from the other line hummed, as though in deep thought. " okay, but couldn't you check it from your end? i'm sure you would be able to know. " he voiced out, tone indicated without any hesitance in his statement.

your luck— is so terrible. out of all billions of people, you got to contact the ones with brains.
or maybe you were the one who didn't have one in the first place.

still, you excused yourself so naturally it even shocked you. " it's our company policy sir, to confirm it's from you. "

" i see, " he started, releasing out a soft chuckle that made your hopes up for a second. " alright then, it's— fuck off i know this is a scam, this whole call is recorded and i will report you to the— " the only thing you could confirm is your bad luck.

" w-whoa! calm down, calm down love. you sounded so stressed, have you even eaten already? " you had no choice. fuck your lack of money and bad luck. now what?

he got silent for a minute, as though thinking of what to reply with your sudden change of demeanor. " not yet, how about you love? "

love? really? you snorted at the silly pet name, this was your plan b, your escape route. archons this is so embarrassing, you thought. but you had to swallow your pride to get your way out of this.

" oh? it's getting late, you should eat your meal then rest. if you can't sleep then i'll accompany you 'til you fall asleep. " you cringed at your voice laced with obvious fabrication.

yet despite that, you heard an approved hum from the other line. sounds of shuffling echoed through your phone, you assumed he was getting ready for bed. wait— " you won't eat? " you questioned.

" i don't really have the appetite right now. " his voice was raspy, exhaustion evident. if you had any conscience left, you would've feel guilty right now. which in this case, you did feel a little bad.