5 - Early Meeting

Sasuke's mother would often tell him to make some friends. When he told her his Nī-san and Shisui-san were his friends, she told him to make friends his age.

One day, she told him about a "perfect opportunity to make a friend his age".

"Sasuke-kun, a friend of mine will come by today and her daughter will come along too. Maybe you could make friends with her." Mikoto, Sasuke's Kā-san, told him while he was eating his breakfast.

"But I don't need any friends! I already have Nī-san and Shisui-san!" He tried to protest, though he already knew the answer he would get.

"I thought we already talked that out. Your Nī-san and Shisui-kun may be your friends too, but you need to have at least one friend the same age as you." She turned to the boy with a angel-like look on her face. "please do your Kā-san a favor and at least try to get along with her, okay?"
The boy pouted. "I can try to, I guess..."

Later that day, Sasuke heard a knock on their door. Kā-san rushed to the entrance. He heard the door opening.

"Mebuki-san! Come in!"
"It's great to see you after so long, Mikoto-san!"
"Oh, is that Sakura-chan? She's all grown-up now! Last time I saw her, she was so little!"

Steps neared the living room Sasuke was sitting in. The door opened.
A lady, who looked way older than his Kā-san in Sasuke's opinion, came in, followed by a girl, hiding behind her mother.
Kā-san closed the door behind her before turning around.

"Come on, Sasuke-kun. Say hello to Mebuki-san and Sakura-chan."
He bowed lightly, as he was taught to do when meeting new people.
"Hello, Mebuki-san, Sakura-san. It's nice to meet you."

His Kā-san tapped him lightly on the shoulder.
"Aw come on, Sasuke-kun. No need to be so shy. Sakura-chan could be your future friend, best friend, or maybe even more." She said, grinning slightly at the last part.

Mebuki-san chuckled before pushing the girl, who was still hiding behind her mother, infront of Sasuke.
"You too, Saku-chan. Say hi to Sasuke-kun."
The girl bowed just like Sasuke did before.
"Hello, Sasuke-kun."

"Would you like some tea, Mebuki-san?" Kā-san asked from the kitchen counter.
"Green tea would be nice." The girl's Kā-san said. 
"Then, I'll prepare some green tea." Kā-san turned to them. "Oh, you don't need to stand! Sit down wherever you like."

Before Sasuke and the pink-haired girl could sit down at the table, Sasuke's Kā-san shouted from the counter while preparing the tea.
"Mebuki-san and I will talk for a while. Why don't you go to your room with Sakura-chan? Just like friends do."
The girl glanced to her mother with a nervous expression. Her Kā-san smiled at her.

Sasuke grabbed the girl's wrist.
"Come on, Sakura-sa-"
Kā-san gave him her angel-look.
"-chan. Let's go."

Seemingly accepting her fate, the girl went out of the room with Sasuke.

"So, what do you wanna do?"
Sasuke noticed the girl letting out a sigh of relief when he finally broke the uncomfortable silence between them, as they were sitting on opposite ends of his bed after he got her to sit down.

The pink haired girl thought for a few seconds, before sighing.
"Talk?" She asked.

"But about what?"

"Er..."

He watched as her green eyes wandered around the room, before stopping at the book shelf behind Sasuke.
"Oh, You've read 'A Shinobi's duty' too?"

Oh, she's talking about that book.

He nodded. "I started reading it last week"
He purposely let out the part where he snucked it out of his father's room and how both of them probably weren't supposed to read the book.

"Really? How far are you in?" Suddenly, she seemed really excited.

"I'm on page 534."

"No silly," She sighed, as if talking to someone younger. "I mean 'how far are you into the storyline?'. Obviously, I won't know if you tell me the page."

"I'm at the scene where the group prepares for the expedition."

"It'll get so good after that! You need to read more!" She exclaimed, her eyes shining in excitement.

Sasuke was beginning to like this girl.

"I really like that the main character is straightforward" He said, while grabbing the book behind him.

"Me too! But the Female lead has some good characteristics too."

"The whole story is extremely well written and..."

"-and I said 'The wall is green though' but he said it wasn't but it clea-" Sakura was cut off by a voice calling her name.

"Saku-chan! We're going home!" Sasuke heard Sakura's Kā-san shouting from the first floor.

"Okay!" Sakura said back before turning to him with a sad look on her face. "I guess I'll have to go now."

Sasuke was surprisingly disappointed to have her leave so soon. They had a great talk and noticed some shared interest, especially when it came to books.

It was the first time he ever talked so long with someone his age. It felt different from when he talked to Nī-san or Shisui-san.

"Let's talk again, Sasuke-kun." Sakura waved at him from the entrance of her house, before closing the door. Both mothers insisted on walking Sakura home, though Sasuke couldn't say he wasn't a bit relieved to talk with her more.

Not that he liked her or something, the story she was telling before they got called down was just very interesting.

Sasuke nodded to himself.
Yes. That's it. He would never be friends with a girl.

He looked to his left to see his Kā-san grinning at him.
"See, I told you. Having friends your age is pretty fun. Maybe you can be as good friends with the people in the academy too."
"No! Sakura is just... special-!"
He immediately regretted his words, as he saw the older woman's grin widening.

"Even better" She said, still having that knowing smirk on her face.

"That's- That's not what I meant! It was just the first word that came to mind, and- and-!" The boy made wild gestures with his hands, trying to explain his slipup.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever you say."

"Really! I was feeling like talking and- and she happened to be there, so-  So it's not like I like her or want to meet her again!"

"Sure. And the happy chattering I heard were just the kids outside, right?"

"Ex- Exactly!"

So they came to an agreement, though it didn't really sound like Kā-san meant what she said, judging by that foxy grin she had on her face, up until they got home.

The next morning, Sasuke overheard his Tō-san muttering something about 'takes after his father'. When Sasuke asked him about it, he just nodded proudly at him.
Later that day, Shisui-san lectured him of the importance of maintaining a good hygiene when talking to girls.

Sasuke's mother would often tell him to make some friends.

One day, she told him about a "perfect opportunity to make a friend his age". That day, a pink girl was introduced to him as his first friend.