Chapter 6

Y/N was back outside and saw three pathways. On the left, leads to a drawbridge but it was raised up and inaccessible. There were double doors straight ahead and a cabin to the right. Y/N decided to check out the cabin first.

Inside, he found a first aid bottle and some sniper ammo. There was also a note on the table. He took a quick read at it.

Y/N: "An item that was requested. Deliver to the house with the red chimney. Go through the caves to the ruins, then down into the village. So that way leads me back to the village. Okay, figured I wasn't done there yet. What is this item it's talking about?"

He got his pistol out and checked to see if it was loaded. Y/N stepped back outside and walked to the door in the center. It was locked but Y/N shot it with his pistol to destroy it. The doors were opened and it lead into a cave. He could only sigh as he was about to enter.

Y/N: "I thought I was going to be done going underground, at least for a little awhile. Oh well."

As he walked in, Y/N was getting deeper in the cave. So far, there were no monsters nearby yet. He didn't know if that was good or bad. He soon stumbled on some ruins as the note mentioned but he heard a voice ahead.

Y/N recognized that it was the old woman he met at the village. He opened the door and saw her standing in front of few pictures surrounded by candles. She raised a key she was holding.

Old woman: "As the midnight moon rises on black wings, we await the light at the end. In life and in death, glory to Mother Miranda."

Y/N: "You know, maybe you should consider choosing a different religion. It's very bad for people's health."

She turned to him as she had the skull staff with her.

Y/N: "By the way, you missed a lot. Explored a castle, couldn't find Rose, fought some vampires and almost died."

Old woman: "How can a man be 'almost' dead?"

Y/N: "Um, near death experience?"

She responded with a creepy laugh. He was really annoyed by her riddles.

Y/N: "I'm very tempted to shoot you, you know."

Old woman: "That wouldn't be very kind of you, would it?" 

Y/N: "Hmm..."

Y/N thoughts:

He sighed.

Y/N: "Fine. So where am I supposed to look for Rose next? Where can I find Miranda?" 

She laughed in response.

Old woman: "You're too late! Or maybe 'almost' too late?"

Y/N: "Too late for what?"

Old woman: "The child will be sacrificed. Life for life."