Chapter 19 - The Past, Passing Knowledge (Kaden POV)

A/N: NOT EDITED.

Chapter 19 - The Past, Passing Knowledge (Kaden POV)

"Is this like pretend?" Sawyer asked her eyes larger than normal, her tone unsure, confused, "I like playing pretend," she added. "John can you come up to Myles' room please," I shouted keeping my eyes on the kids. "It's not pretend because Pops made his face change," Tristan my thinker added.

"Is it magic like a trick?" Sawyer continued after Tristan, trying to figure out just what Etta and I were trying to say. "Not everyone turns into a wolf, some people can turn into large cats, or bears, daddy's face changes and then he gets really strong and can hear further away," Etta told the kids, Sawyer and Tristan shooting her definite looks of disbelief while Vivian and Myles seemed bored already knowing all of this.

"Momma and Pops aren't lying, John can turn into a big wolf, and David too, and they give horsey rides," Vivian told the twins. "But - but they are different colors, right Myles?" he nodded.

As John came to the door, "Hello all," he waved, already knowing what I was calling him for, "can you shift please?" I turned to meet his eyes, wondering if we were doing the right thing and telling Sawyer and Tristan all this now. I didn't know, I was fairly shocked when even Ree and Morgan according to Etta sorta understood that she was different and so were David and John. 'I want them to know who they can trust, there aren't many of us here, those are the ones I know they can trust,' Etta told me month's back.

"Do you think you two could handle seeing John shift into a wolf?" Etta asked Sawyer and Tristan, "It's okay if you're afraid, I just want you to know that anyone we bring around you, you can trust them, they won't hurt you guys," Etta moved in closer to them, trying to give any support she could right now.

"Is - is it like 'little red riding hood?' Is he going to change to a bad wolf?" Sawyer asked on top of all her fables and Disney tales apparently. "No little miss, I'm going to turn into a wolf, but I won't hurt you or your brother... the only time I would ever get growly is when someone is going to hurt the people I love."

With wide eyes Sawyer and Tristan nodded, "And do you know who I love?" John asked his voice softer than I had ever heard it. When both twins shake their heads a nice gentle smile grows on his lips.

"I love your mom, dad, Ree, Morgan, Vivian, Myles.... I love my son David and his babies, and Rascal, Marco, Graham and their mom and dad... and you want to know who else?" again his tone just luring the twins in like he has some big secret.

"I love you Sawyer, and Tristan you as well... the only time I would get wolfy and eat someone is if they were hurting the people I love, only then."

"You love us too?" Tristan asked with disbelief.

"Of course, buddy." I smiled, knowing and so damn grateful that Etta had John while I was missing, while I had forgotten. If I wasn't around for Etta, my heart calmed when I thought that she would have John. I would prefer I hadn't missed anything but I knew that with John on her side, Etta would be safe - not because she had a man by her side but because she was so strong on her own, John was just extra padding. To my right Etta's face beamed at me, hearing my thoughts, thank you for having that faith in me, she tells me her smile so damn contagious.