Chapter 25 - Abracadabra (Kaden POV)

a/n: not edited.

Chapter 25 – Abracadabra (Kaden POV)

"You're supposed to be dead?" I snapped pointing one finger at Lana, watching as her face broke, "You were the one?" I pointed to Victoria next. It did actually make sense that it was Vicki. Lana was too much a selfish creature to take her own life. "Someone – start – talking," I said between gritted teeth.

David stood approaching me, "It was Victoria, as we were planning arrangements, she came down the stairs, wet, covered in her own blood," I waved a hand.

"I don't care about any of that, how is she alive, I counted one less heartbeat, but now..." I saw Jace flinch.

Peter Riley stood slowly, pulling away from his siblings and mate, "We're bound together, and our parents did so when Lana went away to school, they were afraid that she would be injured in London so they bounded all of us together. The only way to kill one of us, is by killing all of us, at once, with the exact same injuries-"

"How do you undo it?" I interrupted him, his eyes flashed over to Jace, his Alpha. Although, I had to admit he couldn't protect his pack back in North Carolina, which was precisely why he was here. My grandfather Elias sat at the kitchen stools, silent until now. "It can't be undone, the children didn't know that it was even done before. Etta's Aunt is the one who just now told us," I nodded.

The room was still filled with its tension, but I just wanted to laugh, so I bit the inside of my cheeks until my eyes swept over to Jenny and her comments from earlier hit me with full force, walking – now much calmer than before – I stopped right in front of her, sitting on the ottoman.

"It seems like I'm having the most trouble with you," I growled out, "I thought your sister had just died and I was going to do the honorable thing, let your rudeness go but now – I have no such intentions. I don't care that you're Cain's mate, hell I don't care that you've been in our lives since I was nearly fourteen." Jenny swallowed, looking behind me, over my shoulder, for Cain no doubt.

"I didn't bring you all here to make nice. I don't care about you Jenny," my tone making her flinch. "But as an adult, you will treat my children with respect... they are here, alive, like your Haven. Do you understand?" the words come out slowly, I want no mistakes.

When she nods, wide eyed, I continue, "When you see Lana in pain, you're thoughts shouldn't be, Kaden is doing this to her. It should be, Lana did this to herself. It's a pity, but she made her bed now she's in it. You can offer to make her feel better, but talking down about me and my children, that isn't how you're going to do it. Do you know why? Because those mutts – as Lana calls my innocent children – one of them is the reason your Haven isn't buried six feet underground in some grave back in North Carolina." I sneer, David already telling me how he's heard Lana refer to my children.

"You don't like me? Fine... but just remember you will respect me, more than you respect Jace... years of training and you're still safe now because of me. Your daughter, who should be more important to you than Lana, she's just outside, having a ball, not a worry on her mind. No one is attacking her, she isn't locked away in some underground shelter holding her breath, while Cain is out fighting to keep you both safe."