Ugh, Mondays

Mitsuba pov:

Ugh, Mondays. The worse day of the week.

I got up from my bed and changed. My mom made me toast, so I ate it, brushed my teeth and left.

On Mondays, I'd meet up with Kou at the front of my house because he's a block away from my house. But he wasn't there.

Where tf is this idio-

"Boo!"
I felt a pair of arms hug me from behind.
It was Kou.
I got this warm feeling in my chest. I always got it whenever I was around Kou. He just made me feel.... happy. My cheeks turned a slight red.

"Hey you idiot" I laughed.
"Hey! I'm not an idiot!" He said.
"You never think, and get off me!"I screamed.
"Ok ok,"
"An example of you not thinking would be....."
"Hey, remember when you were running in the boys bathroom and fell out the window in last year?" I said, teasingly.
"Shut up that's ancient history," He said back, clearly annoyed.

We arrived to school, and saw posters for, a dance?! The girls were gossiping about the dance and about Kou's brother.

"Have you heard of this dance?" I asked Kou.
"No.." said Kou.
"Usually my brother would tell me about this, but I guess he didn't know."

There was a long silence.

"I'm gonna ask Yashiro-senpai if she wants to be my partner for the dance!" Kou said, with a smile on his face.
"Oh,"
"Is everything ok?"

No. Now I know there isn't a chance that you like me.

"Oh yeah!"
"You gonna bring anyone, Mitsuba?" Kou asked.
"Nah,"

Kou pov:

"Late again Minamoto and Mitsuba..." Tsuchigomori-sensei said.
"So sorry sensei! It won't happen again!"

I made my way to my seat, wondering how I was going to ask out Yashiro-senpai. Then I thought,

What if she rejects me? Hmmm... then I'll ask out Mitsuba!

1 hour later

"Hey Mitsuba! Wanna eat lunch with me and my friends?" I ask Mitsuba.
"Oh.... sure,"

We both sit down with Yokoo and Satou and eat. We talk about the dance and other stuff. Then, I see Mitsuba looking sad.

"Mitsu, you good?"
"Yeah, I'm fine,"

3 hours later

School was over so me and Mitsuba walked home home together. We made it to Mitsuba's house and he went inside. Then, I walked to my house and was greeted by my little sister.

Mitsuba pov:

When I got home I greeted my mom. Then I went to my room and sat in my bed and sobbed. I was upset and angry because I knew that Kou wouldn't like me. So, I cried until I fell asleep.