Chapter 2: An Unexpected Meeting

[Y/n's POV]

[Y/n's POV]

To be honest, everything feels like a dream right now—the calm azure waves, clear sky, and the bright sunshine that lit the whole area up. It felt so... peaceful.

[Elena]: "Hey, Y/n, come on! We have to move quickly or else we have to stand in a line for hours!"

Elena gripped my jacket and pulled me with her as we ran over to an already long line of people. In front of them was the ship that would be escorting them to Azur Lane's Academy.

The ship would be escorted by two Kansens for safety purposes due to the increased activity of the Sirens during the last few months near this sector.

Still, I wonder who it is that would be escorting us? I hope it's not someone that I have sunk during the war in our world. I have no idea how they would react either. It's best to gather information before coming up with a plan. For now, a disguise is all I need.

[Elena]: "Hey, don't you have a hard time breathing in that mask with how hot the weather is today?"

Though it's true that it was a hot day, it's refreshing for me, who usually has a cold body.

[Y/n]: "No, I'll be fine. By the way, do you think the fake ID card you made for me would work?"

Since I didn't come from this world, I didn't have any background information nor identity, and this world uses an ID card for almost everything. So Elena's friend forged one for me. I felt bad for depending on her so much. Even though she told me it was fine, and it didn't cost her much, I still felt a tinge of guilt inside me.

[Elena]: "It'll be fine! Trust me. My friend has made several of these before, and they all worked fine. And if it doesn't, well, get ready to run."

Seeing such a cheeky face, I didn't feel safe at all, and it made me even more nervous than before. Looking at the fake ID card in my hand, I was fascinated by how such a simple object could have so many uses.

It was made out of plastic, with the primary color being white and blue, having Eagle Union's logo on the top-right. From what Elena told me, there's also a 'finger touch screen' in the middle, which lights up when I touch it with my thumb.

[Y/n]: 'Well, let's hope for the best that nothing would go wrong.'

Luckily, the fancy plastic card worked, and Elena and I made it in. We were sent to our own room, which was close to each other, with her being room 204 and mine 212. Scanning the door with my card, the door opened, and inside was the fanciest room I have ever seen.

I couldn't help but look around in wonder as I explored every little detail of the place I would be staying for the next few days. It has a fluffy bed that feels really soft compared to what I'm used to, a wardrobe where I could store everything I have with me, so I threw the bag inside and closed it with a click. It also has a large mirror, large enough for me to see my own reflection in it.