𝟏𝟐 - 𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢

𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐈 𝐂𝐔𝐋𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐋 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐒𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
{ 𝐛𝐲: 𝐋𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐋𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞 𝐝𝐞 𝐋𝐚𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐞 }

✷   ✷   ✷

𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏 𝐎𝐍𝐄:

A budding animagi pupil must familiarize themselves with the core magical subjects in order to successfully complete the transformation ritual. Specifically, one must master the arts of potion-making and transfiguration. It is these two concepts that combine in order to create what we now recognize today as animagus, or animal magicks. 

𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏 𝐓𝐖𝐎:

Once one considers themselves proficient in both transfiguration and potion-making, they must locate a single leaf from the Mandrake plant and place it under one's tongue for the duration of one lunar month. If the leaf is swallowed or removed from the mouth at any point during this month, this step must be repeated.

𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄:

Taking a glass vial that has been placed underneath the direct rays of the full moon for at least three hours, place the fully saturated Mandrake leaf inside along with a single hair that has been plucked from the head of the ritual-goer. 

𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑:

After a full solar cycle has passed (24 hours), a silver teaspoon of dew must be added to the vial. This substance must be sourced from a place that neither sunlight nor human feet have ever touched. If this step serves as a daunting task, consult a local potion master or apothecary. 

𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄:

To this mixture, add the chrysalis of a Death's-head Hawk Moth to the glass vial. Without disturbing the living matter, place your concoction in a dark and quiet place where it can be left undisturbed until the next electrical storm. If the chrysalis is disturbed physically or visually, the mixture is deemed unsafe and one cannot continue the ritual without exercising extreme caution. 

𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏 𝐒𝐈𝐗:

While waiting for the electrical storm to occur, one must place the tip of their wand over their heart every sunrise and sunset and speak the following incantation; 'Amato Animo Animato Animagus'. Around the fifth or sixth day of repeating this mantra, the sensation of a second heartbeat may be sensed below the skin. Do not be alarmed and do not stray from the written instructions. Continue this up until the time of the storm. 

𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍:

When the day of the electrical storm arrives, go to the place where you have hidden your vial. Inside you will find that your ingredients have fused to take the shape of a thick, blood-red liquid, roughly the amount of a single mouthful. This potion is safe for wizard consumption, however it is not suggested that you ingest it's contents unless you are of sound body and mind and you have prepeared yourself to undergo the full transformation. 

𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓:

Place the tip of your wand against your heart once more and speak the incantation you should by now be very familiar with; 'Amato Animo Animato Animagus' and drink the potion. You will then feel a burning sensation and an intense double heartbeat that you experienced prior to this moment. You must show no fear. It is too late now to escape the change that you have willed. 

𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄:

The shape of the creature that you have chosen will now appear in your mind. At this time, you are strongly advised to hide your wand in a safe location so that you can recover it post-transformation. To return to your human form, visualize your human appearance as clearly as you can. If you find that you cannot change back immediately, do not panic! With practice, you will be ablw to slip in and out of your animal form at will simply by visualizing your chosen creature. 

 ! { 𝐂𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 } !

✷ Heed caution before beginning the process of becoming an Animagus. If any step in this chapter appears to have gone array, do not go any further. Proceeding may result in inability to transform back into human form and becoming irreversibly fused with your animal form. There is currently no known cure for Animagi fusions. 

✷ The first transformation is known to be uncomfortable and frightening to young or inexperienced shifters. Items such as eye glasses or jewellery meld to the skin and become one with fur, scales or spikes (depending on the form of your chosen creature).

✷ During the first transformation, try to avoid panicking. Otherwise the animal mind may gain the ascendancy and the primitive nature of your other half may compell you to do things that could pose danger to yourself or others.

✷ Please note that generally, wizards prefer to have their clothes with them, to escape the embarrassment of reappearing naked at the end of a shift.

✷ Failure to log your personal details and Animagus appearance on the Animagus Registry may result in imprisonment in the infamous Azkaban prison. A list of notible Animagi arrests can be found in chapter six, following a list of notible magic Animagi figures from years 1378 through 1632. 

(A/N: not a real chapter, sorry. but very aesthetic. i totally did not spend an hour researching and typing this up. no way).