𝚏𝟶.𝟸[𝚋𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐-?]

"What adorable and fine young ladies you have."

"We're the Forgers, we just moved in-"

"I'm Anya, and I have always been Papa's child."

...

Now there could've been stupider things she's done.

[name] tightened their grip on Anya's hand as the trio went over to their new apartment, tailing after the slightly-flabbergasted Loid.

"Anya, what do you like to do?" Trying to strike a conversation with their new 'sister', [name] hoped to get closer to the adorable girl.

"Anya loves to draw!" Ah, so that's good that she's not hesitant. "Oh, and I hate hate hate carrots... they are the worst- my home???"

The green-eyed girl diverted her attention to the apartment when Loid opened the door, allowing them in. Anya excitedly jumped around the living room, eyes sparkling like emeralds. "TV!"

"You can turn it on if you like." Twilight tossed his hat onto the coat rack and sat down at the kitchen table, taking the newspaper (possibly more details on the mission). [name] decided to join Anya in watching 'Spy Wars'...

Coincidence? I THINK NOT-!

Was it just her, or did the girl tense up a bit? 

"S-spy Wars are my favorite!" She squeaked out, recovering quickly. "See, see! Look at that silenced pistol! I want one!"

"Isn't that a little dangerous-?"

Loid stood back up after a short amount of time. "I'll be stepping out for a bit... [name], stay here with-"

"Adventure!!" Completely disregarding the television, Anya jumped up and latched onto his leg, which started shaking. "I wanna come-"

"IT'S NOT AN ADVENTURE, IT'S A SHOPPING TRIP!"

"Daddy, I wanna come too!" [name] joined in on the childish antics, causing him to murderously glare at them.

"Fine..."

...

"Papa, I want a silenced pistol."

"Yes, fine. We'll see if they have one on sale."

[name] blanched at his nonchalant remark. Aren't those dangerous for kids??? Twilight, what the fu-

...

We have to act like a normal family in order to pass like one. Instead of people with their noses high up in the air and spoiling their daughter, we have to act kindly and with order to an extent.

Almost inconspicuous...

"Papa! [name], help-!!"

To an extent.

Loid let out an aggravated breath and rushed over to the crowd Anya was stuck in. Thankfully a kind lady grabbed her from the mess.

"Now, be a good girl and hold on to your father's hand, will you?"

"..."

"..."

"Anya, you can hold my hand."

The excitement of the girl utterly crushed Loid, and that made [name] snicker a bit. Sure, he wasn't much of a children guy, but he needed to have a good relationship in order for his, their mission to work.

I'm honestly kind of enjoying this, they thought, humming a sweet tune. This feels as close as a normal life as there can be, considering that most of my missions require being hidden in the shadows.