Chapter 2 [An Eventful Meeting]

(Copyright) © 2011 Candle_Ice

* * * * *

[A/N: Pic of Sherry Miller at the side, as Karin van Hastening]

Chapter 2

 [2 weeks later]

“Are you sure you’re up to this? Meeting this Leo guy?” Tatiana asked her as they made their way into the university’s main entrance.

“I guess. But it’s too late to back out now, he already e-mailed and said he was coming to this afternoon’s meeting,” Elise told her friend.

That morning when she woke, she saw that Leo had messaged her and told her that he planned on coming to the meeting the club would be having, today. And without thinking about it, Elise had just replied and said okay. That’s exactly what she said too, ‘Okay, cool’

“Yeah, it would be rude to tell him not to show up,” She agreed.

“Are you sure you can’t make the meeting?”

“Sorry, babe, I can’t. If I had known he’d choose today to come, I’d surely asked Dad to postpone our visit with Aunt Kay, but it’s like you said, it’s too late to back out now,” Tatiana sympathized, “But I’ll be there in spirit!” She laughed and mock punched Elise.

The two friends laughed as they continued their walk down the university’s corridor.

“Ah, the two best friends!” Garson said cheerfully as he came up to them.

“Hey Garson, what’s up?” Elise replied.

“Yeah, Garson, what’s up? You look mighty cheerful this morning,” Tatiana commented.

“I’m always cheerful,” Garson said, a little perplexed by Tatiana’s comment.

“Agreed, you are, but today, it just seems more somehow. Like if you won the lottery or something… You didn’t win the lottery, did you?” she teased.

“Heavens, no,” he laughed, “I’m just in a good mood, I guess it shows.”

“It does, it really does” Elise added, with a smile of her own.

“Garson, guess what? Our club’s cyber member is finally putting in an appearance,” Tatiana ‘oh-so-casually’ said.

Elise wasn’t even allowed the time to glare at her friend, before Garson responded to this new development.

“Really? That’s awesome. The points he gave us, via Elise of course, was worth a lot of thought, and was excellently put together,” Garson recalled, “it’s nice that he finally decides to join us.”

“Yes, very nice of him. Especially since he’ll be meeting all of us in person,” Tatiana agreed, emphasizing on the ‘us’, “Someone will have to introduce us to him, and vice versa, eh Elise?”

‘Stop it’ Elise mouthed to her. Everyone in the club knew of Leo, but they thought of him as the ‘Cyber Member’ of the club, who communicated some ideas and points through her. They didn’t know that he and Elise were a little more than e-pals who met in a chat room, and that she that whilst talking to him, she realised that she may like him. The only one privy to that knowledge is Tatiana. She knew her friend would never actually spill her secrets, but Tatiana did enjoy making her squirm a little.

“Too bad you’ll miss him. He won’t be meeting all of us, then, since you’ll not be there,” Garson said to Tatiana.

Elise coughed to hide the smile threatening to break free. From the look on her face, it was clear that Tatiana had forgotten for a moment she wasn’t going to be there.