African Warrior Dragon

Habitat The African Warrior Dragon lives by large bodies of water, they have been known to migrate all over Africa, having one of the largest spanning territories of all dragons

Habitat
The African Warrior Dragon lives by large bodies of water, they have been known to migrate all over Africa, having one of the largest spanning territories of all dragons

Prey
They prey on anything they can find, fish, mammals, sometimes larger predators as well such as lions or crocodiles. It usually hunts by attacking from above and diving to grab animals, this tactic is hard as if an animal sees it, the kill is lost.

Size
The Warrior Dragon is around 18-22ft long by adulthood. It uses its size and speed to ambush its prey from above.

Egg
They have a sandy coloured egg to blend in with its surroundings and stay hidden from predators as the mother has to leave the eggs for long journeys. This is because she cannot nest near bodies of water due to the amount of animals, therefore must travel to find food and hydration. The hatchlings are also a sandy colour and develop their magnificent golden scales as they grow, they are born in clutches of around 2-3 eggs and the mother will look after them for no longer than 2 years.

Appearance
The African Warrior has striking golden scales and deadly sharp talons and teeth, it will use these to deal the death blow to the neck of the animal once it has picked it up and is in flight.

Other Info
The Warrior Dragon used to be, as in its name, owned and trained by a many large groups of ancient wizarding tribes, these tribes would often have bloody and brutal battles over territories, usually resulting in the death of many African Warriors Dragons. This continued until the law passed that all African Warrior Dragons were to be set free, or no longer used for any sort of combat.