Chapter 4: False Charges

I saw my friends being restrained, clearly annoyed at something, Mariam was surround by guards and the red haired girl looked like she was playing the victim of something. As soon as I walked in I had guards restrain me "wha-what the hell," I started in a panic of being pushed, I was brought to where Jess and Nate was, and this all smelt like a set up. They both looked as confused as I had. Everyone was staring at Mariam as if she was a criminal, me, Jess and Nate where pissed that people would dare treat our friend like this. I heard the red haired girl, whose name was Myne, say " I was beaten up by the shield hero," what the HELL, Mariam would never do such a thing, me and the other heros knew this, I knew something felt off about her, "what, I never did such thing, you can charge someone with no evidence," Mariam shouted, she was right, they can't do something like this, I was about to speak up, in order to defend Mariam, however my mouth was covered by a guard in order to stop me from speaking. The king stated that she would have faced death if she wasn't a hero. The looked clearly pissed with the injustice, Nate and Jess looked like they also wanted to say something to try and help Mariam but they already had their mouths covered in order to prevent this, they might have tried to defend her and this was the result, it sounded a lot like something they would do, because she was our friend. She managed to break past the guards restraining her, she shouted really annoyed "WELL THEN!!!! WHATS IT GOING TO BE, YOUR TRASHY MAJESTY? WHAT'M PUNISHMENT!!!" she swung her arms pissed off.

"At the current moment, you are our only defence against the coming waves and therefore will not be punished. However, your punishment. I doubt very much that you will find work or help in our country."

So she was still expected to fight for them, that's bull, she shouldn't have to fight for them after they had just framed her.

"FINE THEN!" she shouted, wait WHAT, she agreed, if I was in her situation I wouldn't help at all and I would flee and go help another country with their problems. The king said, " We will summon you in another month when the waves approach. You may be a criminal, but you are still the Shield Hero. Do not shirk your responsibilities."

"Got it!" and with that Mariam had stormed off out of the throne room, I still couldn't believe what and why this had happened to her. As me, Jess and Nate left the throne room, we all looked really pissed off at what had happened to Mariam, I just wanted to punch something, I approached Charlie, Lee and Raphtalia, "We are going to go do some levelling up," I said quickly, hiding the fact I was really annoyed. We had walked past Jess and Nate who where talking to their parties, they had noticed me, Jess and Nate said that they where going to go check up on Mariam, and I said that I was going to fight some monsters to blow off some steam, they could see that I was annoyed and they waved off me and my party members. (NOTE: FOR GOD SAKE I SHUFFLE MY PLAYLIST AND HAYLOFT II COMES ON, AND IT'S MAKING ME THINK THAT THE CHARACTERS WILL GO ALL ANGST XD, WHY DOES MY MIND WORK LIKE THIS)