Chapter 22

It's late at night in Jack Mountain and everyone's aslee, Ryder is sleeping on armchair, Jake and Iris sleep on the sofa and the dogs on some kennels that Jake kept in his basement. Only the soft sound of nocturnal animals and the wind could be heard. In addition, the snow had covered the whole mountain and the chalet causing Jake mountain's average temperature to drop.

The silence and calm near the chalet was interrupted by something hot and noisy which partly melted the thick layer of snow.

"I haven't been here in a long time." Chase said looking through a glass. 

"How I would like to get dirty with snow, and I haven't seen it for years." Liberty said, imagining the scene.

"You can do it if you want, as long as you don't make too much noise." Fiez said smiling.
The two dogs licked the alien and thanked him.
They couldn't wait to touch the cold, soft snow. Fiez knew that Chase and Liberty had experienced psychological trauma, caused by being in prison. But Fiez knew that even a little thing like touching snow could help make two dogs happy.

Dear passengers, the ship is landed. Now you can unfasten your seat belts and get out. The outside temperature is 1 degree celsius , so dress warmly.

Chase and Liberty ignored the advice and ran out of the ship to see the snow. Instead Fiez, Arzio and Skye dressed in heavier clothes and went out.

The two dogs jumped in the snow, rolled and threw a few snowballs at each other.
They didn't care about the temperature or that they could get dirty. They just wanted a little fun and happiness, they needed a means to let off steam and forget bad memories and past times.

"Looks like someone is having fun" Arzio laughed.

"You don't know how beautiful the snow is." Liberty he said rolling and jumping in the snow again and again.

"Liberty is right, the snow is beautiful." Chase said before shaking off the snow.

"It's amazing, how did you come up with it?" Skye asked at Fiez watching Arzio throw snowballs at the two dogs.

"Hey it's not worth it, you are a robot and you can shoot faster." Chase and Liberty talked before taking refuge behind a tree.

"Is one of the advantages of being a robot." Arzio said before creating a snowball bigger than the others.

"I know that a person's psychology is a fundamental factor in changing his mood." Fiez said stroking the Cockapoo.

"And how do you know?"

"I know this for two reasons, the first is that I have studied psychology and the second is from personal experiences." 

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to hurt you." Skye said as she approached Fiez that in the meantime he was sitting in the snow.

"Oh don't worry, my stories are now a thing of the past." Fiez said smiling, but he knew his past had been painful and sad, but also full of adventures and happy moments.

Fiez's brief thought was interrupted by a great thud. Arzio threw a very large snowball against Chase and Liberty's tree but the snow from the tree fell on them.

Fiez, Skye and Arzio ran to them to accept that they were okay, when the two emerged out of the snowdrift the others laughed too.

"Maybe it's time to go inside, we wouldn't want to wake up the others." Arzio said helping the two dogs to get out of the snowdrift.

"Others? Are there any others?" Liberty asked shaking the snow off for the last time.

"Yes there are others, and I think you know them." Fiez said before silently opening the door.

When the door opened, Chase and Liberty gasped to see most of their PAW Patrol friends again.

"You stay here, don't move and don't make noise." Arzio said in a serious tone.

Fiez and Arzio went to a room they had made their study and took things.

"We hope these things help us." Arzio said.

"For now they will be useful but phase two has just ended due to full access to all computer data on this planet." Fiez said convinced.

After a few minutes Fiez and Arzio left the room with some objects and reunited with the three dogs.

"What are these things?" Skye asked confused.

"Objects that we will need for projects." Arzio answered trying to convince the three dogs.

"What should we do now?" Chase asked.

"Skye will sleep in the chalet so as not to create too many suspicions, instead you two will sleep for the night in the spaceship with us." Fiez explainded.

"Why do we have to do this?" Liberty replied.

"Because I want it to be a surprise, and then it's night so I don't want to wake them up." Fiez said.

The three dogs accepted Fiez's idea. Skye found an empty kennel and lay down inside, instead Chase and Liberty slept on kennels that Fiez had found in an old abandoned building.

Soon everyone fell asleep, except Fiez and Arzio who were arguing.

"We now have two more dogs to feed, and our initial mission isn't moving forward." Fiez said whit a angry tone.

"It is not true. Scantughesia is receiving the data, and once they have access to all of Xonia's data other agents can gain access to other information from other planets simply by hacking into the computer systems from Xonia's system." Arzio replied.

"But what to do with the dogs and humans we took and brought here?" 

"We could take them to a hidden place until Humdinger forgets about them or..."

"I will go for the first choice. But only when our mission is over." 

Arzio was not happy to hear that Fiez avoided his ideas. Jarvis had confirmed that Arzio's idea was possible if a suitable system was found. All that was needed was to convince Fiez.

"Why never accept the ideas of others and always do it your own way?!" Arzio scream angry.

"Because other people's ideas have made me lose loved ones. This is why I don't always trust others and especially their stupid ideas!" 

"So you think my idea is stupid."

"No... I didn't mean to say it, I just-"

"Then it is true that you only think of yourself when it suits you." Arzio said before left the room.

"Arzio please wait..." Fiez lowered his head and cried thinking about what he had done...

To be continued

|By -TheEmpereor-|