29

"Hello, Basen! Long time no see!"

Basen smiled when he saw Venion coming to visit him.

"Did you come alone again?"

Venion nodded.

"Cale is too lazy, and I don't want to come with him. Are you preparing the registration forms for tomorrow's festival?"

Basen nodded as he handed Venion a registration form.

"Does sister-in-law want to join the competition?"

Venion blushed when Basen called her sister-in-law.  Venion had told him not to call her that since they were just a fiancé, but no one listened to her.

Deruth and Violan also called her daughter-in-law.

"Is there an easy competition for me?"

Venion asked trying to remember some information from the novel.

'This is the time when Cale met Freesia and found out about the slave trade.'

Yep.  This is an important event.

"There is an art competition, and sister-in-law can join it. It's the easiest competition."

Sweat ran down Venion's neck hearing that.

"But I can't draw."

Basen smiled brightly, and filled out his own registration form with Venion's name on it.

"Sister-in-law, you just need to enjoy this festival. It doesn't matter if you can't."

Venion wanted to swear.

'Cale and Basen aren't blood related, so why are their traits so similar!?'

At first the Henituse family didn't really accept Venion when they heard how he was.  And Venion didn't care about that either.

But after the incident in the empire, judging by the magic communication device, they started to welcome Venion.

.

.

And that's how I'm here and feel like just going home.

Venion looked at her painting which could be said, there were forms, but when compared to the paintings of the other participants, she wanted to retreat.

Venion tried to draw Cale, but it seemed really, really bad!  It didn't display Cale's beauty!

"Ahhh!!! Why is my painting so bad!"

Venion shouted at the same time as the male participant beside her.

The two of them looked at each other.

Venion became annoyed seeing the beautiful green mountain scenery as if it was being photographed with a camera.

"You're saying it's bad!? Look at mine! I don't even have a background!"

The man frowned dissatisfied.

"Bad!? Don't you see your painting is filled with feelings even if it's ugly!? Art is how you express your emotions into a picture! My paintings have no feelings in them!"

Venion and the man argued for long enough that everyone else was distracted by their bickering.

So they called the jury who would award the prize later.

Basen told Cale to look into the guile to help him.

Cale just wanted to throw something at them that was making a mess.