03

(第3章です)

(第3章です)

Hazy thoughts, caged words, you stared at the view below from the helicopter while continue igniting the lighter with your thumb. The scene down the casa looks similar from the forest fires seen from the medias, you can hear the swoon rustling of burning leaves and ashes roaming through the air. The casa was just as close to hell, half of the place was burning that gave you a faint memory, there was one last portion of the casa that hasn't been burned down yet that is close to the exit.

But you're certain that everyone got stranded inside, the fire that is now engaging the place in a crimson and pale yellow hue flows everywhere like a tsunami, quickly consuming every space.

“Should I really throw this down?” You crossed your legs, leaning sideways to have a better access from below with your head against the headrest.

Kazuha laughs beside you, pinching the bridge of his nose.

“Since when did you had empathy?”

Empathy.

Ruth.

Pity.

Mercy.

That's what they call it.

You weakly chuckled, dreamy eyes watching the scene below like a momentum. There's no turning back and regret was never gained towards your pride. A voice rings inside your ears that made you pause, you sighed. Somehow, you are glad for hearing that again despite of being aware that disappointment would only take over once your current situation reflects back to that voice like a mirror.

You are glad, deeply.

The only fear that will haunt you eternally is the fear of no longer remembering that voice.

You shrugged your shoulders before igniting the lighter in flame once again.

Empathy, he said.

“I've lost that a long time ago.”

Kazuha watches you as you dropped the lighter down the entrance of the casa, making sure that no one can get out alive. It didn't take a while when the fire engulfed the place. Throughout the ride, no one had the courage to speak nor start a word to keep it going. Both of you behind the helicopter watches the whole casa burn down in it's downfall, you crossed your arms while faintly smiling.

Kazuha throws you held a gun that landed on your lap.

“Oh? You lost? I didn't know.” You laughed, mocking him.