FOUR

Being adept in fuinjutsu makes a few things easier for Y/N. For instance, the bathroom became her temporary safe place as she can place privacy seals, and make it react only to her chakra. A small amount will do as to not set the place on anyone's radar.

Thanks to the chakra the others gave her, her above-average reserves have increased.

A suppressing seal was also in her body, making her the only one allowed to tap into her large reserves and manipulate how little she can let others see or feel. She has the Strength of a Hundred Seal, the same as Sakura, making her chakra control impeccable.

Walking around with the amount meant for a civilian child, she locked the others; to let her chakra shift accordingly to her reactions. Thank goodness I adjusted it earlier. If not, Uchicha-san will question it.

Without noticing it, she arrives at an open field. With a half-smile, she stands there; cherishing the liveliness of the people.

A shriek of laughter snaps her out of her thoughts. Surveying the field, she could see the trees and blooming flowers dancing with the wind.

Kids run around, their parents running to them and some others looking at them with fondness. Teens lingering around with their friends and a few with dates.

Aww, that's adorable. She internally coos. I never did that huh? I was so focused on finding my family yet even after 5 years, I have never found one of them. Just a scroll in their supposed hideout.

With a bluff smile, she lays down under a tree a few feet away from the jovial villagers; cloud watching.

She lays for how many minutes, just blankly staring up at the blue sky. Her eyes unconsciously hardened in thought.

A crunch makes her freeze. Eyes immediately softening, she looks to her side. Two kids were with her. One laying a foot away from her and the other, sitting, quietly eating chips. Or as quietly as he can be.

Feeling someone looking at him, he opens one eye. "Yo." his childish voice bluntly greets. She looks away, red-faced at being caught.

She sits up, making the two look at her. "... ah... hello." She mumbles, her eyes glancing, not more than a second, up at then. The sitting child nodded at her as a hello.

"Do you want some?" He shyly offers, voice soft. His eyes shift to his chips and to her, a kind smile on his face.

She smiles in return, "It's okay." she politely declines, hands gently waving in a don't worry about it manner.

A quiet atmosphere surrounds them after their acknowledgment. And then the boy, who was laying down, sits up. "I'm Shikamaru. He's Choji." He introduced, pointing to his companion.

"Our mom dragged us here to make friends. Even though it's troublesome." He groans with a lazy grin. His head tilts, nodding at the two women who were laughing, probably sharing embarrassing stories about their sons.

An amused huff passes her lips. Now relaxed, she looks at them. "I'm Y/N. Nice to meet you." She grins, eyes closed as to hide the flash of pain and hurt while looking at her comrades.

Her eyes assess the two, looking at their clean faces and unmarked skin. Chubby cheeks and cute faces, chubby hands, and a clear voice. Eyes full of life and skin flushed with color.

"So, how 'bout you?" His voice cut her train of thought, his voice becoming clear. "What are you doing here?" He asks, leaning back on his hands.

She thinks of an excuse. "I'm looking for a bug. It looks like a flower. It's really pretty!" She childishly beams, eyes shining.