And there goes my day

I hate that Wattpad doesn't have a section for story notes. Anyway I post on ao3 under Masked_artist too and it updates faster because I like ao3 better.
Basic trigger warnings for past abuse throughout the book. Probably gets a little graphic at times. I'll mark that at the beginning of the story. Now on with the book.

--------------

Phil long ago told me: “When you find the one you love, you respect them like a fisherman respects at the sea; with awe and reverence and love and lust, but with fear because they are a force of nature.” But when I stare into Dream’s eyes now, all I really feel is fear.

“Why are you here?" I growl, closing the door shut behind me and resting my hand on the pommel of my sword. It was hidden behind my red cape, it doesn't hurt anyone to be cautions. My other fist clenched as I stood firmly in front of the door to my cottage. I'm ignoring the voices screaming at me to kill him where he stands. Along with a few less than pg things.

The man in a lime-green hoodie stood in the freshly fallen snow on the edge of the stairs. His netherite axe strapped to his back. I could see the netherite armor sticking out from underneath his hoodie. It was clear he was prepared for a fight. “Now Techno, there’s no need to get mad,” Dream says casually, a sick smile spreading across his face. His arm movements indicated a comforting fashion.

“Answer me Dream.” My grip tightens around the sword.

He sighs dramatically. “If you insist.” He leans back and rolls his eyes. “I’m here for the kids.” His expression and tone shifts dramatically, moving from non-chalantness to threatening.

I look at him sadly. I’m not scared of him, don’t think for a second I am; he couldn’t beat me in a fight if he tried. Mostly scared for him to get what I’m protecting. “No,” I say firmly. He sighs and returns to his earlier smiles.

“Oh come oooonnnnn Techie,” he whines, calling back an old pet name.

“I’m not allowing you near them.”

“Ugghhhh,” he groans. “Fine.” he pouts a bit. “Can I at least have Tommy?”

“You know my answer to that,” I growl. Why does he want Tommy?

“So I can have him?” He smiles, hands behind his back as he bobs back and forth.

“No!” I yell. I definitely don’t want him here.

He frowns. “At least let me have my pup.” He growls a bit, but catches himself.

“I would hope you know the answer to that question.” I frown.

“Yes then.” He takes a step forward onto the stairs. “I'll just take Attie and be out of your hair--”

I draw my sword and point it right at him, he takes a half jump back and flings his arms up non-threateningly.

“No you can not,” I growl. “You may not take my pup.” He glares at me. “You forfeited any parental rights you had when I found Tommy nearly starved and beaten to death with tattered clothes and still won’t come within ten feet of me!” I asked you to keep an eye on him when I left!