1

Sydney's pov
I wake to a call from my dad. It's 3 am here in the school for mutants. "Hello? Dad is everything alright?" I ask. Only students who are trusted are allowed their phones back. "Are you aware of Bella coming for a visit to you?" What? "I wasn't told of a visit. Dad is everything okay?" I say worried sitting up now. He sighs "that cullen kid left and Bella was in a depression. She got out of it but it was scary...now she just...ran off...saying she was going to see you"

I throw together a bag and a letter to the head of the school "I'm on my way home dad" and I head to the office and slip the letter. He sighs "I don't want to disrupt what you need for you sweetheart" "family is more important dad" I say cutting the line. I use my power once outside to go home. I land in the yard and dad comes outside "did anyone see you?" I shake my head and hug my dad for the first time in months. I pause sensing something...dark. Dead. But not quite? Vampires. Bella what the hell did you get yourself into?

I sit with my dad "I'm sure she'll be back soon dad." "Can you trace her? You know...with your power?" He asks. I sigh "I wish it works that way but it doesn't...get rest dad....I'll wait up" he asks "you sure? Kiddo you know we can talk about your school and everything" I don't like to talk about the fact that something went wrong with me in the womb and now I have these powers that I had to get sent away from home and my family to be able to control. The school did help but all I wanted was to be normal.

I have chaos magic in my veins and we're not quite sure how it happened. My parents are perfectly normal humans. And then there's me. He touches my hand "I don't love you or think of you as any less than being my little girl who I love because you have this gift" I send him a smile "thanks dad. Go sleep you have work in the morning...I'll be fine" he kisses my head "go to bed. It's obvious she's not coming home tonight" I sigh and stand and head to my room.

I sit on my bed and summon my book for what I am

I sit on my bed and summon my book for what I am. And work on some simple things. Searching for my sister. I open my eyes hearing her voice and seeing her. She's making a promise to turn into a vampire. And now she's free to go. Her and a boy and a girl are driving back...I think they were in Italy. I wince backing out. I can't hold it for too long. She should be home soon.